IGNORED

What's the first album you ever bought?

montenegro.jpg

Bought with pocket money on Henry St., Dublin in 1968 - when I was 10.

Main: Roon->Auralic Polaris ->Chord Silver Carnival ->Martin Logan EM-ESL

Office: Roon->iMac 2017->Auralic Aries Mini->Chord Mojo->PS Audio Sprout->Harbeth P3ESR or Stax SR-L500

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall correctly, I bought two LPs during my first visit to the record store:

Pavarotti, "The World's Favorite Tenor Arias"

Tuckwell, "Mozart Horn Concertos"

I wore them out ;)

First CD was the movie soundtrack to "The Sound of Music"

Still love it :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

If I recall correctly, I bought two LPs during my first visit to the record store:

Pavarotti, "The World's Favorite Tenor Arias"

Tuckwell, "Mozart Horn Concertos"

I wore them out ;)

First CD was the movie soundtrack to "The Sound of Music"

Still love it :)

Huh, Barry Tuckwell. I played a French horn quite badly in grade school and junior high, enough to realize how difficult it is to do well and to appreciate the sound of the instrument (and to regret not having taken up something more attractive to girls, like the saxophone).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The-Jam-In-The-City--Pres-561534.jpg

Yep and every album there after, all on Vinyl

Headphone System | HAckingTosh | Audirvana Plus | Eastern Electric MiniMax Plus | Woo Audio WA6 | AKG 701's

Loungeroom | Rega RP3 (Groovetracer Reference Subplatter, Acrylic Platter, White Belt, 2M Black, Audiomods Arm, TT PSU) | Rega Brio-R | Rega Dac | Rega Apollo-R |MA GS10 | REL 218

Pink Floyd - The Wall

My first disc (LP), bought on release date when I was a teenager.

Took the tram to visit a friend as he had the better equipment, and on my journey recognized some other guys on the streets and in the tram with their bags and the iconic sleeve of The Wall shining through the plastic.

Wow, first time feeling of being part of a cultural "event" ...

Have a sister, 11years older than me, she biased my musical brain when she listened to her favourites like T.Rex, Roxy Music, David Bowie and Pink Floyd's Ummagumma live album over and over again, and I had to listen to it as well... That was Years before buying The Wall, i Don't know how often I was scared listening to Careful with that axe, Eugene even without understanding a single word english those days.

But the Wall release was big, a must have, and I never regret spending my money for it.

Stayed a Floyd-Fan for all these years ...