IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Liam said:

Is it possible to have two U1 Mini connected to separate TP-Link RE650 wifi extenders on the same network

As long as they are on the very same subnet (for example 192.168.1) and they have different ip address (for example 192.168.1.xxx and 192.168.1.yyy)  why not?

I have four renderers on my network and I can control them all from my iPad/Lumïn app

IMG_2415.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, One and a half said:

Jplay is also up there with Minimserver, but the manual indexing to update tracks is a setback whereas new albums on Audirvana are available in moments from copying to the main library

If you are in a hurry to listen to a new added album it is immediately available in JPlay browsing By Folder even without indexing the library (that takes around 15’ and can be done when you can leave your iPad alone for that amount of time)

Stefano

My audio system

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 11:20 AM, BvdW said:

But in the Lumin app, in the album cover part, I only see one album, the latest one, so Toy (Artwork). Not the others.

If I filter on a particular track from another album, then the filter sees the track including a small picture of the cover, but same album does not appear next to Toy in the album cover part.

Is this an Lumin app issue or a Minimserver issue?

It is likely a metadata issue. Check tracks metadata with a tag editor like MP3tag if you’re on Windows or Yate if you’re on macOS.

Minimserver strongly relies on metadata and not on folders structure, anyway its better to have this folder structure

Artist

— Album x

—— album x track 1

—— album x track 2

—— folder.jpg

— Album y

—— album y track 1

—— album y track 2

—— folder.jpg

and so on

Stefano

My audio system

12 hours ago, BvdW said:

Yes, it looks like it. Well if the job needs to be done, then I have to do it if I want to see those albums in the app, isn't it.

But is there no way to determine which albums are tagged an which not? Some kind of search action?

the tags that Lumin app reads are:

• Track name
  • Track number
  • Disk number (important if the Album is a multidisk one)
  • Album
  • Album Artist (must be only one for each Album)
  • Artist (can be more than one for each track)
  • Composer
  • Genre
  • Date

every time you add an album you should check with the editor of your choice that the metadata important to you are correct ... it takes less than 5' and you are sure everything is fine

Stefano

My audio system

9 hours ago, BvdW said:

For example, a tag not filled in will be displayed as ... or Unkown as I learned.

Right, will be shown as [unknown]

9 hours ago, BvdW said:

For tag: Album Artist (must be only one for each Album) does this mean I cannot have something like: Corea, Chick & Herbie Hancock & Keith Jarret & McCoy Tyner ? If not, what should I fill in then?

I should have said : the same for each album.

In your example the whole string “Corea, Chick & Herbie Hancock & Keith Jarret & McCoy Tyner” is actually one AlbumArtist and it will be ok.

9 hours ago, BvdW said:

But I can have this long title for tag Artist?

More or less as you like, but the Artist tag is a “multi item” tag therefore you could fill it with as many artists as you like separated by a “separator” that in MP3tag should be // . In this way any artist will be shown in a separate row, as you can see here

IMG_2582.thumb.jpeg.a8a5a5bd65e03cf171ae2b455c88f145.jpeg

9 hours ago, BvdW said:

And Date is probably: year (as in NP3Tag?

Yes, the tag name should be Year.

Please note that I use Yate (2manyrobots) editor (macOS only) and not MP3tag therefore I cannot be very precise 

Stefano

My audio system