IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

20 minutes ago, NikosTsaf said:

@stefano_mbp

- What are the steps to embedded HQ player in lumin app (android)

- Are you using minimserver 2? (which edition?

HQPlayer cannot be “embedded” in Lumïn app …
HQPlayer embedded can be used as a upnp renderer.

You need to install HQPlayer embedded on a quite powerful pc (Windows or Linux) or Mac or you can run the HQPlayer OS (full ready to run image based on a stripped Linux distro).

To use Lumïn app with HQPlayer embedded you need to run Bubbleupnpserver (it can be installed on a nas, raspberry, pc Windows or Linux, Mac 

I use MinimServer 2 full license with MinimStreamer 

Stefano

My audio system

6 minutes ago, One and a half said:

reload the library, takes a couple of hours 9418 albums.

I’m running Minimserver too and Lumïn app takes more or less 40’ to load from scratch my 11000 (more or less) albums library. MinimServer runs on a Intel Nuc8i3/16GB ram/Ubuntu 22.04 and is connected to the lan with a cat6 (1Gbps) Ethernet cable

Which server are you using to run Minimserver? Which cat is the Ethernet cable you use to connect the server to the lan?

12 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Click on update library, and after a few minutes, the Lumin app goes offline, then there are hundreds of grey empty icons for all categories, no library. I keep having to reload the library and go through the same sequence

Do you issue a library rescan before clicking on Update library, and do you wait until the rescan is ended? The Library rescan can be issued:

• from Minimserver menu
  • from Minimwatch menu
  • from Lumïn app menu

Stefano

My audio system

24 minutes ago, One and a half said:

First try is "Update library". Doesn't work, clock spins for 'ages' then no change, no additional albums.

That is correct, without a library rescan Minimserver cannot detect new added albums.

25 minutes ago, One and a half said:

I check the Minimwatch icon on a local PC, the Rescan from the Lumin app works, I can see the rescan, the Minimserver is offline at this point, and returns 5s later. Rescan does nothing to add new albums, I find Minimserver takes care of that quite well, I can see the albums added when the copy is finished

Can you check Minimserver log during the rescan task? The view log option is on the same menu from which you issue the rescan, maybe the new added albums have some issues and you can find them in the log as, for example, permissions issues or conflicting tags.

For an easier log analysis you can select all log, copy and paste it in a text file, there could be some items beginning with “Error”

33 minutes ago, One and a half said:

I can see the albums added when the copy is finished. 

Where? In the folder structure of your hdd I suppose. This does not guarantee that Minimserver can read them if files have some issue.

38 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Rebuilding the library takes 3-4 hours.

As your server and iPad seem to be up to date and can easily do these tasks I should look at the Wi-Fi network performance.

I’m using an Apple based network, AirPort Extreme router and Airport Express access point, and the performance of my network should be lower then yours, as per specifications, then something wrong seems to happen on your Wi-Fi network.

Can you try, just to try to isolate the issue, to connect your server to the router and to use the Wi-Fi from the same router for your iPad?

Stefano

My audio system

8 hours ago, One and a half said:

Prior to this mess, updating the library took only a short time

Maybe something messed up  … I should try this

• delete Lumïn app from your iPad 
  • go to Minimserver properties 
  • select Advanced tab (*)
  • in startupScan property you should have “true”, change it to “full”
  • restart Minimserver and wait until the library scan will end (it will take a while as Minimserver will scan your library from scratch)
  • go back to Minimserver properties, Advanced tab, and set back startupScan property to “true”
  • install Lumïn app on you iPad and select Minimserver library, Lumïn app will start from scratch and it will take a while to download the whole library

In this way you’ll reset anything from scratch and if something had messed up the issue should be solved

(*) startupScan property 

79F24831-77CA-42DC-954C-9998088C5D19.jpeg.bf0163e413d8f124addc2c6c5d823245.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

On 10/16/2022 at 1:41 PM, One and a half said:

I don't know if the ipad is connected to 5 or 2.4 GHz, the router thinks it's on the wired section, I suppose it decides the IP, rather than the Deco units, which are pretty hopeless at routing, their job is just an access point.

5 hours ago, One and a half said:

If I want to hear an album right away, I'll use Jriver into the Lumin, and the next day play it from Lumin app. This is the 18th century, isn't it?

definitely annoying …
… at least we have proven that it is not a Minimserver problem.
The doubt therefore remains that it could be a problem with the wifi network.

Have you done any changes to your network before this issue appeared?

Can you try, just to try to isolate the issue, to connect your server to the router and to use the Wi-Fi from the same router for your iPad?

Stefano

My audio system

Following the recent changes to the Lumïn app I will have to review my plans.

I was close to buy a Lumïn U2 Mini and the idea was to use only one app to control the U2 Mini and the SOtM sMS200 dedicated to my headphones system, not to mention a couple of systems in my kitchen and bedroom based on raspberry/RoPieeeXL.

Unfortunately Lumïn decided to “close the door” to the use of their app with OpenHome compatible systems, since last 8.2 update (for iOS/iPadOS) the app doesn’t work anymore with

• Bubbleupnpserver 
  • SOtM sMS200 MPD&Dlna with OpenHome enabled
  • Raspberry/RoPieeeXL UPNP&DLNA with OpenHome support enabled

This is a real shame and going with a Lumïn U2 Mini would mean to use different apps to control different systems, this eliminates one of the big advantages of using a Lumïn streamer

At this point the choice will likely be a Innuos Pulse line streamer.

It is also regrettable that @wklie hastily dismissed the problem by claiming that nothing had changed and that the app works with Linn devices, that could be fine but who cares? A real shame, and hardly understandable, since until yesterday Peter had always been very helpful.

Stefano

My audio system

13 minutes ago, wklie said:

I did not say nothing had changed.  I claim it is not a bug of Lumin app.

I mentioned Linn not because Linn is more important than other OpenHome renderers, but to prove that:

1. Lumin app pause and other affected operations are still OpenHome compliant; if they were proprietary they would not have worked on Linn hardware

2. It is therefore not a bug of Lumin app.  It is not Lumin app that requires fixing for pause / next / previous actions when using other OpenHome renderers.

Then something changed … intentionally, without being aware of it … and this is even worse …

I don’t understand why Lumïn app was working fine before updates 8.1/8.2 and now it doesn’t work anymore even if no changes were done in Bubbleupnpserver or RoPieeeXL or in SOtM sMS200 firmware … last Bubbleupnpserver update, 0.9-update43, was released last March 24th 2022 according to the change log.

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@wklie … about the last Lumïn app version 8.4.0

1. while the forward/backward button is welcome could it be possible to move it to … see empty red box in the attached screenshot, or make it a floating overlay than can be moved around?
  2. It happens quite often that resuming the app from background it looses the renderers, could it be possible to add a sort of rescan function to re-discover the renderers without the need of swipe off the app and relaunch it?
  3. could it be possible to show the selected renderer … maybe in the yellow box as shown in the attached screenshot?
  4. last but not least: add please in album/track details the link to booklets (according to Minimserver configuration “tagFormat=Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">booklet</a>$comment}”)

thanks for your attention

C6CE2F50-A6B4-4E43-87E7-91E6EE36506A.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system