IGNORED

CA Offered Workshops and Seminars

Jsmith

Are you interested in more structured learning about CA (seminar & workshop)  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All,

I originally posted this in the subscribers section, but at the encouragement of those with broader vision than me, i am reposting in the General section.

I think it would be great if CA could branch out and offer online workshops or seminars. I like the forums for casual learning, but would really enjoy more in-depth sessions on topics.

Seems like there could be several types available:

- Manufactured sponsored to highlight products

- Industry experts on specific subjects

- Panel discussions

There could be a tiered structure where some are free, or free to subscribers and others may be paid events depending on the level of the host.

I understand that CA is a global community. Many online web conference tools allow you to record the sessions. This might be a way to watch the session even if you cannot attend live.

Anyone else interested in such a thing?

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Would strictly depend on the location

Virtual?

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Since this site seems worldly, I guess face to face workshops with Hands on" is out of the question unless Chris wants to travel in 4 regionals in the US and to difference countries to spread the word.

Our corporation used GoToMeeting for up to 25 attendess and GoToWebinar for 25-1000. We have used the Webinar up to the 1000 limit without issues, the cost can be covered by attendee registration dues if one decided to charge. Works with PC/MAC. We also used Cisco WebEx Meeting without issues.

The Truth Is Out There

Gee, I am not sure what I think about this. There are some bright minds about this site and some very knowledgeable experts. When it is free, you often get what you pay for, and if you pay for it you end up with expectations that may or may not be realistic. Coupled with that, it only takes one bad egg to foul up the works for everyone. You know the types, asking the stupid questions that waste everyones time or finding the one in a million exception to everything bogging down the flow. Then you'll get the sub/objectivist that just has to say something contrary (guilty btw). Lastly, there are the dealers and manufactures that are often he most knowledgeable from their vast experiences, and yet potentially biased due to their stake, likely to be slammed by some fool that cannot or will not buy their products or disbelieved because theirs is not "conventional wisdom".

Interesting thoughts though...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Gee, I am not sure what I think about this. There are some bright minds about this site and some very knowledgeable experts. When it is free, you often get what you pay for, and if you pay for it you end up with expectations that may or may not be realistic. Coupled with that, it only takes one bad egg to foul up the works for everyone. You know the types, asking the stupid questions that waste everyones time or finding the one in a million exception to everything bogging down the flow. Then you'll get the sub/objectivist that just has to say something contrary (guilty btw). Lastly, there are the dealers and manufactures that are often he most knowledgeable from their vast experiences, and yet potentially biased due to their stake, likely to be slammed by some fool that cannot or will not buy their products or disbelieved because theirs is not "conventional wisdom".

Interesting thoughts though...

Come on 4est, I assumed you would be the first to sign up for a panel forum on power cables. Please understand I am just joking with you.

Come on 4est, I assumed you would be the first to sign up for a panel forum on power cables. Please understand I am just joking with you.

I suppose I deserved that! ;)

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

If CA offered 'significant' workshops from respected designers and experts, available to 'premium' subscribers with an annual dues....I'd probobly sign up for premium subscription. Of course adding some additional member perks wouldn't hurt. I started the measurements thread just for this reason as once the tally was complete from the poll, maybe entice Chris to participate in the purchase of a measurement package that members could borrow and pass on. Posting measurements pre and post adjustments in a sticky thread would be extremely beneficial to members. Just take a look at Hifi's thread to understand his level of frustration.....'textbook' application of room treatments and placement and still unsatisfied with no idea on how to proceed to improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I go to a manufacturers training its just a bunch of bolstering about how great the new product line is an not much on technical how tos. I think this would be best if it the manufactureres were left out an the seminars put on by users. Im sure this would be even more difficult to coordinate but it would probably be more interesting and helpful.

Everytime I go to a manufacturers training its just a bunch of bolstering about how great the new product line is an not much on technical how tos. I think this would be best if it the manufactureres were left out an the seminars put on by users. Im sure this would be even more difficult to coordinate but it would probably be more interesting and helpful.

Just bring in the subject matter experts and leave the salesman at home.

The Truth Is Out There

I'd be interested in some sort of manufacturer interaction. I'd like to see a panel of industry experts on a given topic, say DACs for instance, that would field questions from forum users. I find it enlightening to see the different takes on the same topic.

I think making them paid or part of some pre-paid subscription would keep out the trolls and having Chris maybe serve as moderator/filter and hand pick questions that we submit beforehand.

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W