IGNORED

Norah Jones, Miriam.

I dont know how many of you are familiar with Norah's new album, Little Broken Hearts. On this album is this song:

I can not stop listening to it. It is a dark dark song. Sounds beautiful though.

Norah herself is looking pretty darned good lately too. ;)

No electron left behind.

I just saw her in concert a few weeks ago at the (very small and intimate) Ryman auditorium in Nashville. She played this song and - I believe - about every other song from her new album. The performance was first rate. She's incredibly talented, and it certainly comes though live. I had also seen her after her first album. Interestingly, her voice is actually quite a bit more powerful live than it sounds on the albums.

The new stuff is a different direction for her, but after a few listens you realize how cool and how well written all the songs are...

Rance

I have watched that video a couple of times...

(I kinda like this better

)

I too thought initially that the album was very different and so not "Nora Jones" but I agree with Rance, it takes a couple of times of listening to the album to get it. I like it a lot actually.

As she said in her interview on VH1's Storytellers "I can always do Come Away With Me". (paraphrasing)

• 11 months later...
I dont know how many of you are familiar with Norah's new album, Little Broken Hearts. On this album is this song:

I can not stop listening to it. It is a dark dark song. Sounds beautiful though.

I stumbled onto this video while looking up a Norah Jones/Robert Randolph collaboration I'd read about. I was digging the tune, thinking about buying the album . . . I noticed the lyrics were on the dark side of things . . . then the end of that video just about made me puke.

Oy! I'll pass, Norah. There's more than enough darkness in this world already.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

I confess I have the album, and hadn't noticed just how dark this song was. Straight to the top of the bunny boiler charts. Norah's gonna have some problems getting baby sitting work with that on her CV. Of course I'd still be up for it... little known law here in Scotland that 40 something men still need baby sitting.

I confess I have the album, and hadn't noticed just how dark this song was. Straight to the top of the bunny boiler charts. Norah's gonna have some problems getting baby sitting work with that on her CV. Of course I'd still be up for it... little known law here in Scotland that 40 something men still need baby sitting.

In that case, I need even MORE babysitting because I am only 38... ;) Also, I called dibs...

No electron left behind.

Purchased the Analogue Productions SACD M.ch./stereo Kevin Gray box set pre release in anticipation. There were various comments about Little Broken Hearts which left the impression it was a departure from/for Norah Jones body of work.

I played this album first out of the box. And enjoyed her departure immediately. The second time was even better.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

image.jpg

norah's gonna have some problems getting baby sitting work with that on her cv.

lol!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables