IGNORED

Official OS X Mountain Lion Thread

Am using latest Xquatrz - for work, so is it painless ?? i.e don't need to do "nuthing" after upgrading ?????

The only "pain" I experienced is in the pre-release, which I only saw yesterday, it refers you to a web page, but the link didn't work.

The website is this: XQuartz

Download and install X11. It installs into /opt/X11, and it will automatically make symbolic links to /usr/X11 and /usr/X11R6, so your previously-compiled X11 programs won't know or care.

The guy who puts this together works for Apple, and supplied Apple with X11, so really very little changed, except we are back to where we were before 10.3, i.e., you have to install it yourself.

Installation of ML was a piece of cake (had a backup but not needed). Happy to report that Audirvana 1.3.9.5. runs smoothly on Mountain Lion, even apparently more stable than on Lion. Haven't had a long time to compare yet, but sound's overall pretty nice.

However, I'm even more underwhelmed than I expected above about the OS per se. The Icons in the dock seem to look a little bit more sexy, Safari now has no separate search window any more, and you have an Icloud and sharing (i.e. Facebook) button on several apps. And finally there's a notification icon in the menu bar. Great....

Greetings Gentlemen ..... A newbie here , and in the computer audio field. Am running a MacBook Pro (late 2009, Lion)into an USB specified DAC . After snooping around these portals , I am having my Mac upgraded to 8gb RAM and a SSD . Also waiting to hear from the forum if Mountain Lion is the preferred path ahead. Cheers !!

Greetings Gentlemen ..... A newbie here , and in the computer audio field. Am running a MacBook Pro (late 2009, Lion)into an USB specified DAC . After snooping around these portals , I am having my Mac upgraded to 8gb RAM and a SSD . Also waiting to hear from the forum if Mountain Lion is the preferred path ahead. Cheers !!

Welcome Jazzhead007 :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png