IGNORED

Forum questions you might have been too embarassed to ask in the open....

This is probably a wee bit silly, but someone put a picture of Fangface up for me in my profile. (Someone equal my dear wife I think. :))

I think you should leave Fangface up there.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of having it symbolize your devotion to your lovely hacker wife. (I can't quite decide whether it would be cool or frightening to have a spouse who could do that. IAC, I don't foresee having to grapple with the issue any time soon. My wife has many, many accomplishments, but skilled operation of a computer is not one of them.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

• 1 month later...
So when I'm sitting listening to music playing, and on CA on iPad/phone how do I post a pic for the Album of the Evening thread?

I'd love to know that myself. When I've done it, I've had to hit the laptop to get the job done.

--David

So when I'm sitting listening to music playing, and on CA on iPad/phone how do I post a pic for the Album of the Evening thread?

You know, that's a darn good question, and I have pretty much stopped posting to AOE because I am normally using an iPad when I am listening that way. Not using a laptop or other computer.

Perhaps, we need an Album of the Evening App. MMMM- sounds like a fun weekend project, though I am not sure how long it would take to get through the App Store...

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Perhaps, we need an Album of the Evening App. MMMM- sounds like a fun weekend project, though I am not sure how long it would take to get through the App Store...

-Paul

it's hard/impossible to copy the artwork from your music folder or remote so I would usually use google to get that and the Mac to post it. It sure would be neat ... along with the ability to go @Chris what do you think? :)

:P

I just tried copying the artwork from Amazon and using the insert image button. This worked as well and doesn't require using the CA app.

How did you manage that one? :)

Here on the iPad, it either asks for a URL or a file name... no option to copy? It isn't hitting the mobile site though, is that the difference?

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

How did you manage that one? :)

Here on the iPad, it either asks for a URL or a file name... no option to copy? It isn't hitting the mobile site though, is that the difference?

-Paul

If you press and hold an image then select copy the URL is copied to the clipboard. This can be pasted into the forum image URL box.

You may have to paste the URL into a text box first, like the search box, then select all & cut before pasting into the image insert box. Not sure why.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I do like this less embarrassing forum :P

I just tried copying the artwork from Amazon and using the insert image button. This worked as well and doesn't require using the CA app.

I do like this less embarrassing forum ... but perhaps this 'how to' should be shared - probably many in the same boat.

If you press and hold an image then select copy the URL is copied to the clipboard. This can be pasted into the forum image URL box.

You may have to paste the URL into a text box first, like the search box, then select all & cut before pasting into the image insert box. Not sure why.

It seems the iPad clipboard is not user accessible. They regular copy / paste doesn't produce a result for me.