IGNORED

Article: Rocky Mountain Audiofest 2011 Show Notes

First and foremost, the Volume control, it appears as if there are two separate volume controls, one on each amp, is that correct and are they synced somehow? If not synced, how are they to operate, keep in sync?<br />

<br />

Do they also include more than one input?<br />

<br />

Any more you can share on the sound Chris? I do happen to have speakers that can be driven by these things...

No electron left behind.

I noticed in the photo of the Ayre equipment it was on the Ayre / Cardas myrtle blocks. Obviously it is good to see someone promoting their own products, especially something more unique in concept as these.<br />

<br />

I also know that Jim Smith recommends the cable risers in his Get Better Sounds as something to consider.<br />

<br />

Is anyone using these with their equipment and can comment on the sound change?<br />

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

The idea is cables can encounter static charges from the carpet and there could be a change in Impedance, induced RF, etc.<br />

As an experiment you can purchase some styrofoam coffee cups, turn them upside down, cut a notch in the bottom of the cup that fits the cable, and use them a cable supports to get your cables off the carpet or whatever surface they're laying on. It won't work quite as well as cable risers, or myrtle blocks, but it can give you an idea of what, if any, improvements you may hear. Then you can decide if you want to take the more expensive plunge. I was passively bi-amping with 2 runs of Transparent Super and Plus speaker cables and I did notice a very slight lowering of the over-all noise floor. I then made my own out of wood blocks. Cost about $30.<br />

<br />

<br />

iMac G5 Leopard iTunes w/AIFF and ALAC--cheap Sony DVD player as disc transport--HeadRoom Micro DAC--HeadRoom Micro Amp w/Astrodyne power supply--AKG K702 headphones w/custom cable--PS Audio Duet Power Center--PS Audio Power Port AC receptacle --3 PS Audio Noise Harvesters

Chris M.

Chris,<br />

<br />

Thanks for the details and follow up on the block / cups / risers on cables and specifically speaker cables. In the photo the Ayre ADC is on the blocks. I understand the riser concept to move cables off the floor, but what is the advantage under source and other components. My assumption would be some sort of dampening or vibration removal, but I am not sure.<br />

<br />

I would then like to take this a step further. You could buy a nice audio rack for $700+ that isolates the equipment or can you spend say $100 on some of these blocks and put your equipment on them and existing furniture. Would it provide similar results? For the price I may just purchase some of the blocks to test myself but was curious if anyone else has experience with them under components and what advantage they brought<br />

<br />

-Jeremy<br />

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

• 2 weeks later...

Chris!!<br />

<br />

Nice RMAF re-cap, you're only getting better and better my friend!<br />

Keep rockin' it - you know I'm always down to support you!<br />

<br />

I also gave your site props in my own RMAF report for The Daily Swarm.com btw: http://www.thedailyswarm.com/swarm/sonic-satori-rocky-mountain-audio-fest-and-review-two-dacs/ <br />

<br />

I was PUMPED to write about the Fest outside the normal audio channels, (reach more music people) though I also did an RMAF report for PFO - where I spoke alot about Lee Weiland (I miss him SO much Chris).<br />

<br />

Anyway - I'm with CEntrance now btw - only my second week, so I will be reaching out to you!!!!<br />

<br />

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Chris: I see that you had a chance to listen to some gear using a Vivid V1. Have you ever had the chance listened to the GIYA G1s? What are your thoughts? I had a listen to a pair at my local dealer and they are perhaps the best speakers I have ever heard in my life. That said, I don't think I would ever be able to afford the $70k price tag :-)

2011 Mac Mini (Lion) -> Audirvana Plus -> Audioquest Cinnamon USB -> Schiit Bifrost -> Audioquest Diamondback -> Rotel RA-1520 -> Analysis Plus Oval 12/2 -> Klipsch RF-62 II

"If it sounds good, it is good ..." -Duke Ellington