IGNORED

I was offered an in home demo of a Peachtree Grand Pre

I pick it up on Monday from a local dealer. Someone has it right now so it will be nicely run in for me. I can compare the pre-amp section directly against the iNova I have here for fun. The DAC will have some stiff competition with the Wavelength Cosecant. I am eager to hear just how far Peachtree has moved their game with this device. If I like this, next step is some MMGWs/DWM and the Grand Integrated for a kick ass office system.

Results will be forthcoming after I have listened to it some.

No electron left behind.

I think warming it from the inside out by turning it on is probably the safest thing to do. The concern presumably would be condensation. There are specs that tell you what the safe ambient operating temperature range is. However, it is a demo, so you are fully justified treating it like the roach-infested Chevy Impala I got at the airport on the Big Island once.

Will you just turn it on and play some goddamn music?

Really interested to hear how it sounds compared to the earlier peachtree products, and how you think the USB input stands up to your other products.

Will also be interested to hear how you think the integrated sounds - have Peachtree really come up with something with the new generation of ICE power boards and the "voicing" they claim to have - or not?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

so far, it has begun to sound quite nice. I find myself liking it more with Pure Music versus Audirvana+ In a few days I plan on plugging the Cosecant into one of the analog inputs and directly comparing it to the built in DAC as well as comparing the Pre-Amp section to the iNova. Although, at this point I think I know how that will go. It is clearly bettering the iNova. I also want to add that seeing this in pictures, I was a bit reluctant to give it a chance because it did not look very good. When I got it out of the very nice light cotton bag it was wrapped in inside the foam and box's I saw that it is actually a very nice looking component. Another pleasant surprise, I have had it on all day playing music and it is barely warm to the touch. It seems that it will happily be able to live in a media cabinet.

No electron left behind.

The Grand Pre, due to its need for special drivers, is incompatible with Linux. The Cosecant however has no such restriction, so I was going to plug the Cosecant into my Linux computer and then into the analog inputs of the Grand Pre to compare the sound of the Cosecant/Linux to the Grand Pre/Mac Mini.

No electron left behind.