IGNORED

German magazine STEREO released 4-disc-set with HiRes

jtm

German STEREO magazine just released a 4-disc-set for serious comparison of different media and resolutions.

The set includes

- a 180g Vinyl-LP

- a Hybrid-SACD

- a DVD Video disc

- a DVD data disc

All media come with the same content for comparison.

The DVD Video disc plays in every DVD-Video player (only audio, no picture) at 96/24 and has a separate layer with the audio files as 96/24 FLAC.

The DVD data disc holds the content in 192/24 FLAC, 48/24 FLAC, 44/16 FLAC and 44/16 FLAC derived from the DSD of the SACD.

The content has been recorded, mixed and mastered by Pauler Acoustics (Stockfisch Records) by courtesy of Acousense records.

Tracklist:

1. Espana - Rhapsodie für Orchester (Emmanuel Chabrier) (6:26)

2. La Mer - Drei sinfonische Skizzen (Claude Debussy) (7:03)

3. Konzert für Violine & Orchester D-Dur op.35 (Tschaikowsky) (10:58)

4. Der symphonische Ring - Walkürenritt (Richard Wagner) (2:54)

5. Concierto de Aranjuez für Gitarre & Orchester (Joaquin Rodrigo) (6:39)

6. Introduktion & Allegro (Maurice Ravel) (10:37)

7. Impromptu Nr.1 As-Dur op.29 (Frederic Chopin) (4:33)

(Catalogue no. ACO-11011)

The set is available for 49 EUR, directly from the magazine.

http://www.stereo-shop.de/product_info.php?info=p108_STEREO-HOeRTEST-EDITION.html

I am no member of any of those companies involved in this project, this post is for information and should not be misunderstood as advertisement.

is Ralf's PCM from Acousense, then the DVD and DVD-A stuff will be great, but the hybrid SACD will be PCM-to-DSD, which proves nothing (or rather, doesn't show SACD in its true light). Conversely, if it's DSD from Stockfisch then conversion to PCM will be apples vs oranges.

Would be nice if a German speaking CA member could look into the "devil in the details".

Ralph from Acousence confirmed that all masters are native 192/24, transferred lossless to 192/24 FLAC. The lower resolution FLAC versions have been created from best possible resampled PCM versions.

The analog signal for the vinyl disc was created using a Weiss DAC1 mk2 to ensure best possible signal / audio quality.

Looking from the perspective to have a vinly disc as the "original source to compare with various digital media and formats" a SACD is a must in such a comprehensive edition.

This SACD version was created using the best possible A/D-converter for DSD, the EMM Labs ADC8 mkIV.

So you're right by saying the comparison isn't truly fair in this respect as another conversion is included in this process. Anyway this additional format allows a fair comparison to the vinly disc, which was one of the original ideas for this project.

And I need to correct myself (which proves again you should read the booklet carefully before posting at midnight ...)

Recording, mix and mastering has been done by Ralph at Acousence, who did the main job on this great sounding collection.

The fellows from Pauler Acoustics worked on the SACD-part of this project.

The fellows from Pauler Acoustics worked on the SACD-part of this project.

Interesting, had never heard of Stockfisch before; then earlier this week an old friend recommended the label, now this. Will likely get an opportunity to hear some of their stuff when I visit him in a week or so.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

If you are into singer/songwriter then this is the right label for you. To get an overview on their artists and recordings I would recommend to check out the "Closer To The Music" samplers. Four volumes already exist as hybrid discs, the first two issues are among my favourites for demonstrations, besides new artists like McKinley Black and Paul O'Brien.

For hirez get Made In The Shade and Hell Or High Water, at elast. I have several Stockfisch recordings, including all the samplers. The late Chris Jones' stuff is great, too.

I have "No Sanctuary Here" and it is not only the coolest non-classical track I have but the best sounding as well.

Stockfisch Records is all around great IMHO.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your way of expressing the opinions and sharing the information. It is good to move as chance bring new things in life, paves the way for advancement, etc. But it is well known to everyone that moving to new location with bulk of goods is not an easy task to move or shift from one place to other place because I have experienced about that and I face the problem like that. There I go to village near to my city faced that problem there.

ski jacket review// skiing jackets for men// waterproof riding jackets// cycle jackets waterproof// shearling sheepskin coat// discount shearling coats// leather jackets// blazers//

• 3 weeks later...