IGNORED

Silly Question Regarding Icon That's Shows In Apple Remote

I, like many others, use the Apple Remote app with my iPad to control iTunes playback. I have a question on a small icon that appears in one of the windows of the app. At the bottom left of the main screen is the 'Now Playing' button. That screen brings up the album artwork for the song that is playing. Tapping towards the top or bottom of that screen brings up an overlay screen with various information and controls. On the bottom starting from the left is a back arrow then an icon for 'Genius' and then the icon I cannot identify or understand its function. The icon appears to me to be an image of a monitor with some 'swirl' lines in the middle of the screen. If you tap/touch it it turns blue. I cannot tell any difference in performance or information whether it is highlighted blue or not. What the heck is that little thing and what does it do? Someone explain this to me please and end my curiosity.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

Hope I have this right, that icon delivers a screen saver that reacts to the tempo of the music and creates a display of light, colors, graphics etc. I used it one of two times while using the Apple Remote app to control other players. I think I ran into complications and decided that was the last thing I wanted to use to interfere with computer players etc. I hope I am not confusing that icon with another remote app.

Best,

Richard

I think you are correct. After several google searches I came up that it was some sort of Visualizer function that genereated images in iTunes. What the heck for I doubt I will ever understand but apparently my great mystery is solved. Thank you.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

mwheelerk, you're welcome. Glad to be of service. Actually, the display while superfluous to music rendition, the display using the visualizer is "sorta, kinda, maybe" interesting to look at occasionally. What the reason, Apple invested in offering this puzzles me as it is more of a gimmick than an enhancement. However, for those who enjoy the "dancing" lights, why not?

Enjoy the music.

Best,

Richard

Paul, no argument here. I thought the icon you are referring to is a open rectangle (three sides) and at the bottom an up arrow (tip) that directs you to a list of devices to send to (as in air play?) including one's AppleTV2 (but not Apple TV1st gen). I have employed the screen/swirly thing icon that initiates the "light show" that is controlled by the tempo of the music. If Apple ever gets around to that "flashy" thing, then we can forget about the bad music we've heard (there is no bad music).

Happy holiday,

Richard