IGNORED

HQ Music Players vs. Internet Radio, Spotify, and MOG.

This is probably silly. In another year, all the software programs around will easily support this, but right now, it is quite difficult to find a solution.

Heres the picture - imagine me sitting here in my comfy chair, grooving on some tunes. In this chair, what I hear are really mellow tones coming out from Amarra Mini 2.2.3. Just lovely...

Now I wan to listen to say, BBC3. I pick up my trusty every ready iPhone, hit remote, select my "Radio" playlist, hist BBC3 High, and ....

Not a damn sound comes out of the speakers.

Now I grab a laptop (or haul my lazy but up out of my chair and walk over to the music server) and tap on the Amarra button that selects iTunes as the player, and Bob's your uncle. I got BBC3. I can even fire up Spotify or MOG and be happy. Until I want to play another track from my library, in which case, the whole process above repeats.

Though the details change a little bit, the same process is also necessary with Pure Music, though there is a Playthru option now. Still the same issue.

Why oh why cannot one of those wonderful programs simply unmute iTunes when it sees a radio station, or any kind of streamed input? Am I missing an option somewhere that allows this?

If not, is there a techncial reason we canot have this in a near-future release? (Along with seamless gapless playback please?)

I know, I am yowling a bit, and I can get up and walk over to the machine. But I don't wanna! I just want it to work that way! :) :) :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

"I know, I am yowling a bit, and I can get up and walk over to the machine. But I don't wanna! I just want it to work that way! :) :) :)"

Hi Paul - Imagine if this option was available. You could save thousands of steps over the course of a century :~)

I agree it would be nice. Perhaps you could send a feature suggestion email to the app creators.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Yep. I did that, but putting it after seamless gapless playback with no effort or tagging required. :)

I was sorta hoping some bright guy has figured out a workaround for this nuisance.

Oh yeah, it would save a lot of steps, since half the time, I'm upstairs when I need to do that, and the server of interest is downstairs. :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

While I've got Pure Music running through my Ayre QB-9, I also use the the optical out directly into my McIntosh MHT-200. When I'm feeling lazy, I switch the inputs on the amp via remote control, and then play internet radio via Remote on my iPhone.

Then I usually get annoyed at the quality of the sound, get up and switch to Audio Playthrough via Screen Sharing on my laptop. Upsampling internet radio makes a huge difference, IMHO.