IGNORED

HiFi Privacy, Data, Groups ... and You May Be The Product

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

On another note, I'm also surprised at how many people prefer to use social networks like Facebook and YouTube for their HiFi hobby communications, rather than independent forums and sites.  We collect zero data. In fact I disabled all analytics collection years ago because I hate it and I treat people how I want to be treated. 

I can tell from my own experience that the Meta social app universe has proved to be substantial to keep contact over long distances with people who haven't got enough time left to care about privacy  for the rest of their live, just after they learned enough to use this new kind of technology. This has kept me and my family locked in, and we are still looking for options to make things happen without meta

I have noticed - guess is was around 2020/21 - that linking inside FB Hifi user groups towards the AS website has put me on the banned list without explanations. Not sure it was MQA related or just cutting off external content outside of the universal control ... since then I have limited my exposure almost completely to dog pics and dog breed & walking groups ...

For my daily usage whatsApp is even more important than FB or Instagram, and my predictions about that platform are pretty horrible ...