IGNORED

Tidal connect x MusicCast doesn't work. Network/Router Issue?

Hi, I bought new Yamaha R-N2000 and tried to use MusicCast via TIdal Connect Although I see Yamaha in Tidal playback device list (in the app), it doesn't work - playback freezes immediately and I cannot hear anything. After approx. one minute Yamaha disappears from the playback device list and after a while is re-appears again. AirPlay works fine.

I tried FW update of all devices in the chain, router restart, Music Cast re-install and all the basic stuff, but with no effect. Just wondering if there could be any router/network setting issue , but what exactly?
Any suggestions/experience? (attaching short video of playback freeze, mobile app and macos app behaves in the same way) Thank you!

Model of the Router is Comtrend VR3031eu, Yamaha is connected via wifi (LAN is not connected). I attach the printscreen of router basic setting. Yamaha's setting: DHCP is on, MAC filter off, 
Based on previous suggestion I tried to switch DHCP off and set DNS to 1.1.1.1 and it worked fine for couple of songs but then Yamaha disappeared from Tidal Connect device list in a middle of the song. Any idea? Thanks for any help.

Snímek obrazovky 2024-01-24 v 19.11.33.png

Snímek obrazovky 2024-01-24 v 19.11.18.png

On 1/24/2024 at 12:22 PM, David_He said:

Model of the Router is Comtrend VR3031eu, Yamaha is connected via wifi (LAN is not connected). I attach the printscreen of router basic setting. Yamaha's setting: DHCP is on, MAC filter off, 
Based on previous suggestion I tried to switch DHCP off and set DNS to 1.1.1.1 and it worked fine for couple of songs but then Yamaha disappeared from Tidal Connect device list in a middle of the song. Any idea? Thanks for any help.

Snímek obrazovky 2024-01-24 v 19.11.33.png

Snímek obrazovky 2024-01-24 v 19.11.18.png

A few things to maybe look into if you have not done so already:::

1. After browsing thru the Yamaha MusicCast User Manual and the FAQ it appears to me that this technology has some dependencies on Network  Multicast advertisement's. There is mention of having MultiCast enabled on the Wireless Router/AP. Its possible that if this is not enabled some devices might fall of the face of the earth as you describe.

At one point, and maybe even still, I believe Roon was doing something similar in order to automatically discover other devices on the same Subnet. The key here being "on the same Subnet". MultiCast basically sends out a giant blast of "Hello is anyone there" type messages in simple terms. This is likely one reason why Roon doesnt support the use of VLAN's or in other words, devices sitting on a different Network than the Core/Brain server.

So I would check to confirm if you have any type of check box on your Wireless Router/AP for allowing or sending Multicast messages.

2. There is also an interesting mention in the FAQ about the following:

It says something about creating its own 5GHz network that does not rely on the Wireless Infrastructure within your home. I'm not sure if you are using Stereo or Surround mode in your case but the later is where this supposed stand-alone 5GHz network is used.

This brings into question whether or not your Laptop or "Source" is located on that same spawned 5GHz network or not. The details of how this spawned 5GHz network actually works are pretty vague unfortunately.

Lastly, I see mention of this technology possible preferring 2.4 GHz Wireless networks over 5GHz ones. Not sure which one you have though?

If possible, try and confirm the IP Addresses that were given out to all the various devices involved. You should be able to see this within the Router somewhere. Are there any required devices not listed there? If so, maybe they fell on to this spawned network while all the others are on a different network hosted by your Wireless Router/AP?

Capture.PNG

It seems Yamaha's working flawlessly so far! 
What I did:
1) Disabled DHCP on Yamaha

2) Set Yamaha's priary DNS to 1.1.1.1 and secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8
3) Switched to 2,4 GHz wifi
4) Checked if there's any conflicting IP address device in the network and found one. I set other static IP to it.
I don't know what was the root cause, but as I said, it worked out.
Thanks to all of you!