IGNORED

Article: Tsuyoshi Yamamoto - A Shade of Blue (Immersive Edition)

5 hours ago, 3dsoundshop said:

Crap... That stinks..  I didn't have a chance to download the album before I went to work... @The Computer Audiophile did you experience the same problem?

2 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Chris informed me that the ADM he received had this issue and a second ADM was sent to him by EVO that corrected it. So, there is no reason why IAA can’t offer the corrected track.

What he said ⬆️

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, 111MilesToGo said:

Well, we common folks without immersive equipment have to be - and certainly are! - happy with 2-channel HiRes versions. But not all are created equal: Apple Music has that album as 24/192, while Qobuz has it as 24/44.1, and Tidal as MQA (if that is to one‘s taste). At least that is what I get shown here in Germany. But why … ?

So strange (not you!). I think Qobuz has it for sale at 24/192. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

36 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

Just a quick update - I did listen to the MKV files today, between concert last night and final dress for next performance this evening.

As expected, they sounded stunning.  The only way I could find to play them properly within my environment was to have Plex index them as video files and play back as "original" (i.e., no transcoding) on my Shield, which let my receiver decode them as Dolby Atmos.  Lovely.

Thanks for the update. 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

I copied the MKV files to a flash drive that I plugged into my Oppo 103D which is connected to an AVM70. I can play the files but the AVM70 does not see the files as Atmos. It shows Dolby Surround as the decoding.  I have the same issue with Yello Point MKV files i extracted with MakeMKV.  However if I play the Blu-ray of Point it decodes as Atmos.  Any thought why this might be happening? Thanks

It depends on the media player being used to select and play the files and the input used. Yours may not be capable of TrueHD Atmos via USB. Via hdmi it is capable though (obviously).