IGNORED

Master OCXO Clock Upgrade

Two questions.

1) If I have multiple USB cards that I want to upgrade, can I include all of them in a single shipment?

2) The XE cards both mount in peripheral slots that exposes all the connections though an existing opening in the computer case. For the clock, I'd like to do something similar for the power connection. I'm thinking I can take a blank slot cover and drill it out to be able to mount an internal power cable that can run from the slot cover to the clock module. Can you recommend a cable that will work with the Optimo power cables and the clock power input?

• 3 weeks later...

First review from a happy customer:

I've just received and installed master clock upgrade to my Jcat USB XE card. The card is fed from JCAT Optimo 3 DUO 5v and master clock from JCAT Optimo S ATX (molex). My music server is highly tuned single PC (WS2019 AO core) with almost all available hardware and software optimization features implemented.

What I heard from the same beginning is a huge improvement - less digital with less distortion (less harsh) fuller sound, more resolved and detailed. 

Every aspect of the sound was improved, the scene is slightly moved back and deeper, the bass is better extended and detailed, vocals with less syblilants, high tones smoother and refined. 

I think all this above is because of the better timing resulting in that each particular sound is more accurate (not to long) and better 3D located.

It what was for me very important as I could hear before the sound slightly to aggressive although I have a reference acoustic room. I doubt that upgrading my current DAC Meitner MA3 to higher level would improve this timing to this extend (for sure would improve other things).

I'm expecting further SQ improvement as master clock is not warmed up yet and I plan to reconnect power supply from JCAT Optimo S ATX (molex) to Otimo 3 DUO 5v. 

Source: http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?app=core&module=modcp&fromapp=members&tab=iplookup&ip=194.15.124.131

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to share a fantastic review of our JCAT USB XE with Master OCXO Clock Upgrade by Rob Dockery on Stereo Times. Rob's detailed analysis captures the essence of what we strive for in high-end audio excellence.

aaaJCATCLock2-768x512-3.jpeg.2199d778e957e2819ff23b2368ef6c52.jpeg

Key Highlights of the Review:
- The JCAT USB XE with Master OCXO Clock Upgrade significantly enhances sound quality, offering more clarity, precision, and an improved musical experience.
- Comparing it with the standard JCAT USB XE, the clocked version brings a new level of bass control, definition, and an overall more natural and accurate sound.
- The importance of a high-quality power supply is emphasized, as it further enhances the card's performance.

Rob's experience highlights the card's ability to transform a digital music system, bringing it closer to a live performance feel.
The full review can be found here: https://stereotimes.com/post/jcat-usb-xe-with-clock-by-rob-dockery/

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 3 months later...

JCAT_CLOCK1.thumb.jpg.8ed7425543893624c753b91449212ea9.jpg

The HiFi Knights review praises our MASTER OCXO CLOCK UPGRADE for its remarkable impact on sound quality, highlighting its ability to enhance spatial detailing, bass depth, and midrange clarity.
Designed for audiophiles seeking to elevate their audio systems, this upgrade is noted for its precision in sound reproduction, despite its premium price point. The review recommends it as a significant investment for serious enthusiasts looking to achieve the pinnacle of audio performance. For the complete review, please visit HiFi Knights.

http://hifiknights.com/reviews/sources/jcat-master-ocxo-clock-upgrade/

JPLAY & JCAT Founder