IGNORED

merging HAPI mk2 for immersive audio over AES?

I want to use the HAPI mk2 as the central router for my immersive audio setup (7.1.4 all genelec SAM based) in AES

it looks like the hapi only have 8 channels of AES, the horus has more, but it seems a bit outdated compared to the mk2 specs of the hapi

is there any way to get additional aes outputs through the hapi expansion slot or should i wait for a horus mk2?

main Beefy Gaming PC > Roon > HQPlayer DSD512 ASDM7EC-super 512+fs sinc-long > Holo Red > Holo May KTE > Pass XP-27 > Pass XA-25 > Zu Audio Definition IV > Zu Audio Event Interconnects

work m1MBP > Roon > HQPlayer 24/192 PCM NS9 poly-sinc-gauss-xla > regular ass USB 3.0 cable > RME Fireface UFX III > Grimm AES cable > Genelec 8361a + w371a

1 minute ago, dusk said:

I want to use the HAPI mk2 as the central router for my immersive audio setup (7.1.4 all genelec SAM based) in AES

it looks like the hapi only have 8 channels of AES, the horus has more, but it seems a bit outdated compared to the mk2 specs of the hapi

is there any way to get additional aes outputs through the hapi expansion slot or should i wait for a horus mk2?

For now you’d have to use two HAPI Mk2 units or a single Horus. 

I wish there was an AES card. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

12 hours ago, dusk said:

Nope but there are two channels of S/PDIF available, fwiw.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

rats. I wanted to have a fully AES immersive system

it looks like Morten Lindberg from 2L uses the Hapi Dac > Analog in in his Genelec setup, which might not be such a bad idea. 

I also heard rumblings that Genelec will be adding RAVENNA input to their speakers (again).

main Beefy Gaming PC > Roon > HQPlayer DSD512 ASDM7EC-super 512+fs sinc-long > Holo Red > Holo May KTE > Pass XP-27 > Pass XA-25 > Zu Audio Definition IV > Zu Audio Event Interconnects

work m1MBP > Roon > HQPlayer 24/192 PCM NS9 poly-sinc-gauss-xla > regular ass USB 3.0 cable > RME Fireface UFX III > Grimm AES cable > Genelec 8361a + w371a

34 minutes ago, dusk said:

rats. I wanted to have a fully AES immersive system

it looks like Morten Lindberg from 2L uses the Hapi Dac > Analog in in his Genelec setup, which might not be such a bad idea. 

I also heard rumblings that Genelec will be adding RAVENNA input to their speakers (again).

I use the DA8P analog cards in my HAPI Mk2 and really like them. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 9/15/2023 at 7:18 PM, dusk said:

I haven't had a need to try this before but maybe research the following possibility while using the HAPI:::

There looks to be an option for the HAPI where you can add a MADI Interface to it (MADS/MADM) which appears to have more channels but with only 8 DAC Channels to begin with I'm not sure how they are utilized. Maybe worth an email to support to ask about it.

To continue the theory...you could then use something like this from RME to convert the MADI to a physical AES Interface. This is just an example and may be overkill for your purposes but if you look around you may find a similar device with a more reasonable channel count and cost.

https://www.rme-audio.de/adi-6432-adi-6432r.html

There is also an ADAT Interface by default with what looks to be 8 channels also. I've not used it though. Maybe another choice to send in one format and out into another format via a converter.

Just a few thoughts

MADICARD.PNG