IGNORED

Article: The Dark Side of the Moon in Dolby TrueHD Atmos

I have the DSOTM disc on the way... I'll see what I get from my Trinnov but I suspect the same as I get from this Abbey Road BluRay. I suspect that the processor is "creating" the extra channels since I'm thinking it wasn't encoded with 9.1.6 ?? So regarding the question  how many channels are actually encoded.. your Dolby decoder is probably the source of truth on this one. 

image.thumb.png.6c27d40465ebe6119209aea02a2faeea.png

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

I finally took a listen to the Atmos mix on Apple music last evening and I agree that it is a revelatory mix; even compared to Guthrie's prior 5.1 for the SACD.  Even with a lossy codec, it has never sounded better and the overheads are in use --just enough-- to really enhance the vertical cues.  I'm still unsure I I will spend up for the bluray in the super deluxe.  That is a lot of bones for a record that I listen to every few years at most. It's like Heavy Weather, one of the recordings that I keep buying anew each time it is offered in a better different format.  At one point I had that album on two different half-speed mastered Columbia/Sony LPs, CD, 24k Gold CD Sony Masterdisk, and SACD.  If they remix it in surround or Atmos....

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg