IGNORED

HDTracks Downloads vs Qobuz/Tidal Streaming

4 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I converted everything to losless AIFF by means of dbPoweramp batch convertor, as this format was already supported on all platforms that I was considering to use (no Linux at that time).

Anything I have wanted to use in Linux has supported AIFF. (Didn’t know if you were implying anything different, just thought I would mention it.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Interesting. I batch converted copies of my WAV files to uncompressed FLAC awhile back for compatibility with the upnp plugin in Daphile/LMS.  I have also noticed WAV have some issues with tags.

Maybe AIFF would be the way to go then, at least going forward.  

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

41 minutes ago, Jud said:

Anything I have wanted to use in Linux has supported AIFF. (Didn’t know if you were implying anything different, just thought I would mention it.)

Today, I am running an Audiolinux server. At the time of ripping my cd collection, linux was one big mistery to me. And in fact it still is, but userfriendly OS’s such as Audiolinux makes it very easy to manage without real knowledge.

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

I would never choose for WAV.  Not supported on MAC (AFAIK) and mimited support of metadata.

AIFF is what I choose when I rip or purchase downloads.  Mac support is my primary consideration as I use the Music app to keep my library organized.  

I have many terabytes of WAV as this is the format that PGGB outputs.  Tag support is okay and I use Yate on Mac to edit as needed.  These tracks don’t get loaded into the Music app though.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256