IGNORED

Squeezebox Touch vs. Apple

For those who have used NetSend, what was your experience of it?

Was it reasonably easy to set up?

How does it sound?

How easy or difficult is it to make it bit perfect?

I'll appreciate any other suggestions or comments people have to offer.

Thanks,

Joel

Hi CD,

"...has always been taught that iTunes was in fact a terrible ripper..."

Whoever "taught" this was at best completely mistaken and at worst, fulfilling an agenda that would not be inconvenienced by facts.

I have compared tracks ripped by iTunes with the masters used to create the discs from which the tracks were ripped. Both audibly (to my ears) and measurably (using a null test), the results were identical, to the sample.

What iTunes doesn't do that some rippers do is provide a report, based on comparison with Web-based databases of other rips of the same disc. If the drive from which the files will be ripped is operating properly, there is no need for a report, as shown by the 100%, to the sample nulls I have been able to achieve in the comparisons mentioned above.

"...iTunes, on its own, has a hi-res limitation, right?...'

I would guess this came from the same source(s) that say iTunes isn't a superb ripper. I play 24/192 files regularly, right from iTunes. These too, just like the CD rips, will null, 100%, to the sample, against the original master files.

So, we have a great ripper and a great high res player at a price that is difficult to argue with. I happen to like the user interface a whole lot more than the other "server" apps I've tried too, so iTunes is my personal music server app of choice.

Best regards,

Barry

www.soundkeeperrecordings.com

www.barrydiamentaudio.com