IGNORED

HQPlayer NNA Antipodes EX + HQPlayer embedded Antipodes CX

Hi all.

I thought I posted earlier today, but my post seems to of got lost!

I followed the Antipodes guide video regarding the setup in the title (HQPlayer on Antipodes).

Unfortunately, I’m still struggling to get my control app (using MConnect and HQPDControl) to ‘see’ my library (SSD) on my Antipodes CX when I select HQPlayer as the server.

I even tried to Minimserver on the CX, but no joy there either. 

I’ve switched my two units off and on again…still no joy. If I revert back to Room server on the CX and HQPlayer for ROON on the EX, I get playback!

I’m a bit stumped to be honest and need some suggestions to help get my music playing…it’s so frustrating seeing and reading how ‘easy’ these setups are, but I always end up in a fight with my kit!

thanks in advance…

18 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

…. Sorry, I missed the title of the thread …. its Embedded.

then the issue is on Minimserver … please post Minimserver configuration

I’ll post some screen shots later today once I’m in front on my desktop…

Many thanks

Ok, here goes:

Image 1= EX player selection (HQPlayer NAA)

Image 2= CX server selection (HQPlayer embedded) settings .

Image 3a= Signalyst settings page (as per Antipodes Video guide and specific to my HEGEL H390)

Image 3b= as above.

Neither HQPDcontrol or MConnectlite can find my the library. Return the CX to ROON server and the EX to HQPlayer embedded and I can play music from my library!

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 16.22.31.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 16.23.16.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 16.24.10.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 16.24.31.png

@Kage I’m quite sure the issue is in how Minimserver is working (or not working)

post please Minimserver configuration, I suspect it is not active, maybe the path to you music archive is not well defined.

Installing Minimwatch on any pc on the network can help, you can find it here

https://minimserver.com/downloads/

once installed it act as a Minimserver monitor, you can configure Minimserver, start/stop it, send the library rescan command to Minimserver and check the (Minimserver) log for any configuration errors

Stefano

My audio system

… I was writing my post in the same time you added Minimserver informations…

get any pc, try to connect with browser to ip-address:9790 (edited there was a typo) and complete the activation of the Starter Edition (or your trial period)

Then install, as mentioned above, Minimwatch and you should be able to access the configuration of Minimserver.

Once installed and running Minimwatch will show an icon with a musical note, in different colors according to Minimserver condition:

grey: Minimserver not running

red: started with errors (overing with the mouse on the icon will show the error/s)

yellow: started and indexing the library

green: running successfully 

Stefano

My audio system

...I wonder if the fact I can only log into my CX as a guest might be restricting it's use regarding the server choices? Note in the first image the greyed out question mark '?'

Mark Cole from Antipodes advised to enter my Mac login details, but these don't work.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 21.02.44.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 21.06.48.png

I’ve reverted to using Roon server on my CX and HQPlayer embedded on my EX. At I can listen to music this way.

Really can’t figure why I cannot use the other server options. 

I just need to understand which filter in HQPlayer configuration web interface will nip my frequencies down a touch. I’m quite sensitive to high frequencies and like to sweeten them up a little if I find then a little too obvious and emphasised. Any HQPlayer guru’s out there who can advise?

many thanks

On 2/14/2022 at 6:42 PM, Kage said:

Neither HQPDcontrol or MConnectlite can find my the library. Return the CX to ROON server and the EX to HQPlayer embedded and I can play music from my library!

Did you scan your library to HQPlayer? How does the HQPlayer web interface /library page look like? Any content visible?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I did try a scan. I entered the path to my library on the CX server which has the SSD library installed. 
After pressing the scan button and waiting 10 secs, there’s no indication anything has been scanned.

I still think it has something to do with being logged into the Antipodes CX as a guest (greyed out question mark next to the CX). My other shared items (EX and my NAS) have a networked icon next to them.
Mark Cole from Antipodes advised I just needed to add my Mac credentials as the CX was just seeking permission (although it reads as if it’s a login request). Unfortunately, this does not work and I’m left a server on my network that is limited to ROON.

8 hours ago, Kage said:

I did try a scan. I entered the path to my library on the CX server which has the SSD library installed. 
After pressing the scan button and waiting 10 secs, there’s no indication anything has been scanned.

It will usually take 30 - 60 minutes and the page will load with the library contents once done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 3:48 PM, Miska said:

It will usually take 30 - 60 minutes and the page will load with the library contents once done.

Unfortunately there is nothing showing up after 60mins.

I also tried a scan of my Synology NAS, but the same thing happens...nothing. Should there be a spinning icon or something to indicate an action is in progress?

I desperately want to setup HQPlayer embedded on my CX server and send to the EX which is set up as the HQPlayer NAA. I think I've carried out the fundamental settings on my Antipodes hardware and configured correctly on the signalyst link page from my CX. Now I just need my library to be scanned and hopefully I can finally experience a full HQPlayer playback system using HQPDcontrol APP to select my music.

This is really is challanging.

Unfortunately there is nothing showing up after 60mins.

I also tried a scan of my Synology NAS, but the same thing happens...nothing. Should there be a spinning icon or something to indicate an action is in progress?

I desperately want to setup HQPlayer embedded on my CX server and send to the EX which is set up as the HQPlayer NAA. I think I've carried out the fundamental settings on my Antipodes hardware and configured correctly on the signalyst link page from my CX. Now I just need my library to be scanned and hopefully I can finally experience a full HQPlayer playback system using HQPDcontrol APP to select my music.

This is really is challanging.

Here's a screen grab of my library path and another of me entering it in the Libray tab of the Signalyst Config web ui...

Nothing happens when I press scan.

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 20.40.48.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 20.41.46.png

@Kage … there is something wrong … you are using the bad share name from your Mac … this is totally wrong

I assume your music is on your nas and HQPe is running on your CX server

That said you should open the Network mounts tab in HQPe and write in the Share field something like //nas-ip-address/share-name (the share name of the folder that contains your music on the nas) and Username and Password (of the nas)

ACD7EC58-7A79-460C-A5DA-5A51CC4C5444.thumb.jpeg.1866f4021222b091767b2397b978209a.jpeg

then click on Apply

Now go to Library tab and select /smb

2DC407A3-2E35-4750-9CE5-7E40E95A2FD5.thumb.jpeg.5fe6a29fa3feb7946cb96392411af906.jpeg

click on Apply and wait until albums will show up

Stefano

My audio system

19 hours ago, Kage said:

Usually browser has something to indicate it is waiting for the page to load. Once the page loads the operation is complete. Until that you will see just an empty page and browser indicating that it is loading.

19 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@Kage … there is something wrong … you are using the bad share name from your Mac … this is totally wrong

I assume your music is on your nas and HQPe is running on your CX server

That said you should open the Network mounts tab in HQPe and write in the Share field something like //nas-ip-address/share-name (the share name of the folder that contains your music on the nas) and Username and Password (of the nas)

ACD7EC58-7A79-460C-A5DA-5A51CC4C5444.thumb.jpeg.1866f4021222b091767b2397b978209a.jpeg

then click on Apply

Now go to Library tab and select /smb

2DC407A3-2E35-4750-9CE5-7E40E95A2FD5.thumb.jpeg.5fe6a29fa3feb7946cb96392411af906.jpeg

click on Apply and wait until albums will show up

Stefano

This is really helpful. Thanks. Unfortunately, my web user interface does not show 'NetworkMounts'. I am therefore unable to proceed with your clear advice.

?

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 16.43.05.png