IGNORED

Max Townshend

Rexp

Thanks for sharing. This is really sad news.

I met Max a number of times, including at his home some 20 years ago now, I suppose - I was collecting a seismic sink stand that I'd bought off him. Had the opportunity to listen to a pair of totally mad speakers he'd developed. The consummate salesman though he was, he didn't succeed on that occasion ;-)

He did succeed on many others though! I have multiple sets of virtually all his isolation products. Because they work better than anything else I've come across. I also own a Rock 7 TT, with his latest Excalibur arm. I've measured the effect of its front damping trough and can say without a doubt that it works as specified, especially with low-compliance cartridges.

Bumping into Max at the odd audio show was a delight. He seemed always to have a cheeky glint in his eye, and be full of enthusiasm. A lovely guy.

Max, thanks for your contribution to our hobby. RIP.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Condolences to his friends and family.  I have two of his cables and have no urge to explore further.  Ar Dheish De go raibh a anam.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.