IGNORED

ATX case + power supply recommendations?

Looking for suggestions on ATX case + power supply. Was running an 8i7BEH NUC with a JS-2 power supply but as a Lord of the Rings fan, listening to the movie soundtracks

on the NUC annoyed me with how poorly they sounded vs alternate sources. Happy now with i5 /Z390 solution, the mid range grunge is gone but its clear that the power supply

(Seasonic gold 660W) is causing issues with low bass solidity and irritants. ATX power is a new area for me, looking for a media server case that will fit a drive for ripping CD's and

a better ATX power supply solution with at least 500w , suggestions appreciated. Budget for case $200-400, PS $500-$1000

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hi Dave,

For fanless ATX cases it seems most would go with the HDPlex H5 or the Streacom FC10 (I currently use the H5).  Power supplies are the can of worms, and I can only suggest you read as much as you can.  TimF is a new member who seems to learn quickly, and you can see where his similar questions have already taken him in

Here's an interesting company that would combine both within your price range:  CORE AUDIO PRODUCTS.  The ultimate power solution is going to be the Taiko setup discussed in this forum, but that's probably going to take you a good bit over your budget estimate.  Of course there are others, but you seem to be wanting to replace the JS-2 at about the same price point.

My preference is to never have anything but an SSD in my music server, and to rip from my main machine and copy to the server.