IGNORED

Mystique EVO Dac

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a new DAC to replace my Yggy 2 that I have been using for 3 years.

My short list is Terminator 2 and Holo May level 2 and Mystique EVO basic.

While there are a lot of rave reviews from both users and reviewers about Terminator and May, I could not find any info about Evo in this forum. 

I wonder if anyone has a chance to compare Evo with the other two? 

Thank you.

Huy

This reviewer compares the Terminator Plus to his reference Mojo Audio Mystique EVO Pro DAC (not the basic model you inquired about).   I do think it would have been interesting if the reviewer had used I2S (hdmi) input to the Terminator Plus and engaged the clock out feature using a DDC, as this is a significant sonic improvement feature of the Terminator Plus, as well as the Terminator 2 model you are considering.

https://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2021/8/13/denafrips-terminator-plus

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

16 hours ago, quanghuy147 said:

Thank you Blake! Do you prefer Terminator plus or Spring? Do you think Holo May is better than Terminator plus?

I haven't compared them in the same system.  The Spring is quite good but clearly and definitively outclassed by the Terminator Plus from listening in two divergent systems (but similar-"ish" amplification and speakers), but that isn't a fair fight or a particularly valid comparison. 

A more interesting (and fair) comparison would be my Spring 3 KTE against my Venus 2.   I'm not sure if I'll get around to doing that comparison though as hearing the results wouldn't cause me to sell or swap out either DAC as I am super happy with both.  I wouldn't even venture a guess on that comparison as one system is for headphones and the other is speaker-based.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC