IGNORED

Do I need clean USB power when using DAC with its own power supply?

5 hours ago, fas42 said:

Note that the original post I made started with the point I was making, that is,

That's the thing I was focused on - and I disturbed some people by finding that one of the cheapest items I looked at was, subjectively, quite a bit better than the others, on the day. I have had trouble with people being upset that I don't equate cost to specialness, ever since I started posting on forums - but that's an angle I'm not interested in...

Which would confirm for the 3rd time now that you really dont know what your talking about no matter how you try to dress it up.  The fact you had to even look up the models show fine well you wouldnt know a decent monitor if it was sat in front of you. How you equate factual answers with being upset is beyond me.

8 hours ago, fas42 said:

There is a large grouping of audiophiles who are into the excitement of constantly upgrading their gear - that's a pleasure in its own right, and if they have the means to indulge... why not? 😉

As most in the audio world know, conventional measuring is quite hopeless at assessing whether an audio chain is accurate; and is almost never used for evolving a setup to be accurate ... the fact that every rig sounds so different, often dramatically, from the next one is the obvious giveaway that accuracy is still a far away dream ...

Noise is a major part of the reason why - with quite obvious, highly audible consequences ... no work is being done to work out a strategy for measuring the impact of noise on an overall, assembled system - and the hopeless state of the industry, with 'snake oil' everywhere, tells the story.

I Rest My Case