IGNORED

sda2 full on latest Daphile version - 21.01-x86_64

I'm using Daphile for a while as I'm running my server in a virtual machine (Oracle Virtualbox). Ran without any issues but I recently noticed that sda2 is full. I have enough disk space and would like to extend this partition. I know this is more or a Linux question than an LMS question but would appreciate any pointers on how to do this as I'm probably not the only one having this issue. thanks

sda2 full.png

Ok, didn't know of the beta versions.

My system runs on a virtual machine. I downloaded the latest stable ISO and installed it on the virtual machine with all defaults. The installer should fully utilise the disk space (34.3GB in my case) which doesn't seem to be the case.

I probably try to install this on another virtual machine and see whether I can expand the space during the installation.

I have created a new Daphile instance on a 64GB disk I created in the VM and erased that disk. I read in the installation manual that the installer automatically uses the balance of the whole disk, i.e. total space less DpahileBoot (1GB) which is what happened. So now I have about 63GB for DaphileData.

Still doesn't explain how I can expand sda2 if I get to this point again but I should be safe as I won't rip any more CDs - as I don't buy any anymore :)

@tfmeier that’s fine! 👍

FYI … in my scenario I have a huge 8TB library and I use MinimServer which is installed on a second Nuc8i3. Using the Remote Music Libraries plugin in Daphile I can use MinimServer as library manager (enabling UPND/DLNA Client) … this solve the very long library scan time in Daphile and I can have a lot of tags to search my music, Daphile is quite “poor” about tag management.

Stefano

My audio system

6 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@tfmeier that’s fine! 👍

FYI … in my scenario I have a huge 8TB library and I use MinimServer which is installed on a second Nuc8i3. Using the Remote Music Libraries plugin in Daphile I can use MinimServer as library manager (enabling UPND/DLNA Client) … this solve the very long library scan time in Daphile and I can have a lot of tags to search my music, Daphile is quite “poor” about tag management.

I have an 8 TB library in Daphile and compared to Volumio (which I have tried) Daphile is done in 15-20 minutes compared with 3 hours for Volumio.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

4 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

@botrytis … that’s true but with MinimServer you don’t need any rescan (0 sec.) .…. and don’t forget the Daphile lack of tags … I manage about 13 tags in MinimServer and I can find what I want in few taps

I have few hiccups with Daphile - nothing that I couldn't fix. Volumio seems to need the Tags a little different. 

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects