IGNORED

HDR Audio

If all the money that has been put into MQA and its promotion had been put into promoting higher DR recordings, I'm pretty sure we already wouldn't have loudness war anymore. Good idea, like I said earlier I also was thinking about it some time ago, the only problem is as @Samuel T Cogley already noticed - the eventual group of  consumers interested in it is really very small, probably much too small to make anyone in the recording industry interested in the whole thing, hence what possibly awaits us soon is a standard DR of 2-3 in case of pop music and rock... B|

12 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Movies have done this and I’d say the target audience is similar. 

No Chris, it's a different situation with movies, in their case the higher dynamic range was simply successfully introduced (although it's not as catchy as the number of K's before 'HD'!). In case of music the damage to the natural, high DR has in general already been done, it would be about undoing it.

BTW - loudness war, MQA.. is there some other field of technology in which humanity moves backwards instead of moving forward except from the music industry.?

1 hour ago, Summit said:

Yes you sure did. 

Have you read my posts there? There's no contradiction here. I haven't changed my mind since then - DR matters but it's not everything that matters and it's not necessarily the decisive factor as for SQ.