IGNORED

NVMe SSD designed for audiophiles

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, damian101 said:

It does not matter at all how dirty the power coming to the SSD is, as long as it is within specs, so the SSD can work reliably. Choice of drive has generally no impact on sound, as long as it can deliver audio before the decoding buffer runs empty, and does not alter the files (drive failures, dead sectors, bit flips).
The entire digital audio chain up to the DAC is completely deterministic, as it should be; the hardware used does not matter, as long as it works reliably. This drive will make zero difference to the raw digital audio sent to your DAC, bit-identical.

Now, what about the analog audio signal created by the DAC, can that be influenced by choice of SSD? If DAC and SSD share the same power source, theoretically yes. If not, no. Also, dirty power can be cleaned, that's what those big capacitors on expensive amps and sound cards are for.

And direct acoustic noise? I have never heard the noise of an SSD, but that might be because I haven't yet put my ears inches away from a working SSD. The vast majority of SSDs are probably quieter than other parts of your computer, and probably below the noise floor of your room and your own ears anyway, at a normal distance. 

My conclusion: Unless your previous drive was particularly noisy, any perceived auditory differences between this SSD and your previous drive are completely imaginary. That is especially true for switching between MB power and dedicated power supply for this SSD, which, in case of using a dedicated DAC with dedicated power supply, can not even make a difference in theory.
You and many others in this thread have fallen victim to the placebo effect.

So would say the same logic would apply to Audiophile USB cards too? Say, power such card with external linear power supply that measures objectively better (less noise) than a common motherboard USB output, concluding no difference, just placebo?

• 5 months later...