IGNORED

Not able to play DSD files with HQPlayer

This DAC is a Topping D10 that I use for my desktop. I am also having the issue with my Audio-GD R7HE in my main rig. Everything worked fine up until a few days ago. I’ll try your recommendations and see if that helps. 

thanks,

james

I have the same issue. Sent an email but I'll post here too, may help somebody else. 

---- no outputs in Roon are enabled except HQplayer

--- nothing in Roon DSP enabled

--- it  used to do DSD when I had a separate NAA endpoint, now everything converted to PCM even if I tell HQP to convert everything to DSD

--- I was listening to a DSD 128 file this evening that was being converted and after 30 minutes or so it starting acting up, like little bursts of fingernails on a chalkboard

-- before the M1 was doing the DSD to 512 with no problems

it appears that the Mac does not know that the Hermes is capable of doing DSD. If I disable HQP and select the Hermes in Core audio I do not get any DSD options in Roon. Is that my issue?

Roon - HQP
Mac mini M1 >>>>>.USB  >>>>  Hermes DDC   >>>> I2S.  >>>>.  Denafrips Terminator + 

same result with USB direct to DAC

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 8.17.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 8.32.27 PM.png

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, anroj said:

I don't know why but that worked.

HI @anroj I am about to setup a system similar to yours using a M1 Mac mini as both HQPlayer and NAA direct connected to a Denafrips Hermes DDC connected via I2S to a Terminator Plus DAC. I went this route because it was unclear how to get DSD256 upscaling from HQPlayer on the M1 using another NAA device USB into the Hermes. It appeared that the Pi4 route I wanted to take would result in being limited to 192khz. But wondering if the issues you had with the M1 being directed USB connected to the DDC were resolved for you fully? Is the DOP requirement setting somehow less than ideal sound quality wise vs native DSD support? Thanks for your help on this. Just want to be clear before going down this path.