IGNORED

Daily Blues

1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

hmmmm...Isn't it high time for a Rockabilly Thread?

"Rockabilly is one of the earliest styles of rock and roll music. It dates back to the early 1950s in the United States, especially the South. As a genre it blends the sound of Western musical styles such as country with that of rhythm and blues, leading to what is considered "classic" rock and roll. Some have also described it as a blend of bluegrass with rock and roll. The term "rockabilly" itself is a portmanteau of "rock" (from "rock 'n' roll") and "hillbilly", the latter a reference to the country music (often called "hillbilly music" in the 1940s and 1950s) that contributed strongly to the style. Other important influences on rockabilly include western swing, boogie-woogie, jump blues, and electric blues."

GO FOR IT!!

Various Artists - Rockabilly Essentials - Amazon.com Music

lol I'd have done this yonks ago but I doubt interest! Yes - it's my favourite genre. And you are very kind. Blues is one of its roots. I track Rockabilly chronologically to understand its evolution. Everything is an eruption of history. If no-one beats me to it, I'll maybe think of a good Intro to a new Thread. Even if Rockabilly is not your thing, it is the heartbeat of all nearly all pop music since the 1950s. Are you being kind or feeling sorry for me? Maybe both 🤪

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...