IGNORED

Those pesky unknown albums and artists

Browniesbane

I use a innuous zen mini to rip and store music with roon installed. Anyway, I’ve been finding a lot of albums showing up as unknown album and unknown artist on roon. On looking at my file and folder structure on the zen drive, they are listed as unknown as well with no artist, album or track names.  I have questions. 

I thought that current red books have titles and artist metadata. Why isn’t innuous picking up this information.

Does innuous rely on their own database to give file and folder names,  and the album is unknown because  it’s not in the data base yet; or is there a problem with the ripping process. 

in some cases I’ve got the album info by reripping, but that leaves me with duplicate files.

I’ve only had spotty luck using roon to identify these albums and get meta data. Any tips?

So the Innuos' ripping process didn't pick up any metadata, and neither did Roon... That's kinda rare, but it does happen...

I suggest that when you rip CDs, make a note of the timestamp for each CD ripped, so you can go back later and manually add the metadata for the CDs that the Innuos and Roon couldn't identify on their own.

If you have a Mac, I suggest the app Metadatics to edit the files' metadata.

Thanks. On three of the cds innuous recognized the metadata on a second rip.

on one neither roon or innuous have data. Then there is the 50th aniverersry of stage fright by the band, where innuous has Japanese? Metadata

im now going to rip manually, so that I can see metadata before the rip is completed.