IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

5 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

I was having an issue where my Mutec MC-3+USB would intermittently lose sync with the Afterdark clock so I recently purchased a new 1m 75ohm Tchernov Special clock cable from Addicted to Audio to replace the cable the clock came with. 

What do you know,  no more issues so well worth the expense.  Sounds quite closed in so I guess some burn in is required. Now I get to start saving all over again towards an Emperor Double Crown. Ah well.   :)

We have more positive feedback with Giesemann Queen x EtherREGEN. Thanks everyone who shares the feedback with us.

2023748733_Screenshot2021-04-30at10_56_39PM.png.081cdc33a6cffcd01550ad1adf9f72ff.png

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

8 minutes ago, Mat said:

I have a queen sine wave with etherregen 50 OHM, is that the wrong version ?

Hi! Mat,

We have queen sine wave in 50 ohm for your EtherREGEN 50 ohm. The 50ohm is matched, so it will work fine. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

3 minutes ago, Mat said:

Thanks Adrian,

I mean about sine wave and square-wave mismatch ? 

Hi! Mat,

EtherREGEN can accept both sine wave and square-wave, so they will work fine without mismatch.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

40 minutes ago, Mat said:

Do I need mini circuits ?

Hi! Mat,

We have mini circuits in 50ohm, which can improve the performance for EtherREGEN.

Purchase link

thumbnail_IMG_3670.thumb.jpg.f466686f800794906a0994e4d6b15be1.jpg

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, scolley said:

@AfterDark., I got your Emperor Signature model yesterday. Thank you for the very prompt shipping. The unit arrived VERY well packaged, and externally shows excellent build quality. Inserting the power cable even had a satisfying "click!" as it fully engaged. Well made. Thank you.

But I am disappointed to see the cable you sent.

IMG_1522.thumb.JPG.0ecf912b6da527e28ceeb0f714e12791.JPG

The above photo is a pic of the cable, along with a power cord that I was not expecting. Did not need the cord, and did not appear to be mentioned on this webpage where I bought the clock. If it's there, I missed it. But for the coax cable I was expecting...

"Duelund AC0.4 Silver Premium Audio Cable (Silver in Cotton / Oil impregnated)" as listed in that webpage.", as describe on that webpage, and not listed as optional, but a part of what was being purchased.

Can you please send one now? Or am I missing something?

Thanks - Steve

Hi! Steve,

Thanks for you message and feedback. The DC cable is stock cable to connect the LPS, the cable is in 2.1mm, it will come along with the packages. The 75ohm coaxial is free for group buy.

Duelund AC0.4 Silver cable is installed inside the Giesemann Clock as standard. 

If you want to upgrade the DC cable to better one, we have the choices below:

https://www.adark.co/collections/project-giesemann-ocxo/products/afterdark-black-modernize-duelund-audio-dc-cable-x-giesemann-ocxo-10m-edition

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

43 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

Hi Adrian,  do you have stock of the Emperor Double Crown?  I'm thinking about upgrading from my Queen.

Cheers 

Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your message. The Emperor Double Crown is in limited production every month. We only managed to produce few units per months. 

Please see the pm, we shall give you the estimates time of productions.

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

10 minutes ago, scolley said:

Ohhh... It's INSIDE the clock, and NOT the external cable being provided as a part of the package. Got it. Thank you for the clarification. You might want to make that a bit more clear on your website, or at least more clear in the English language part of it, for it's not clear now.

Thanks.

Hello! Steve,

Thanks for your comments. We just revised the product details accordingly on the website. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Hi!  

We are quite delighted to receive the very good feedback from Giesemann EVA, Triple Output.

He is connecting to one of the high resolution DAC with 10M Master Clock Input. 

Have every customers to share the feedback with us. We shall continue to develop and keep improving for Giesemann collection. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.  

356932099_thumbnail_ReGiesemannEvaOCXOTripleOutput.thumb.png.4690b4dacafd7b556494ba9efa9d6afd.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all positive feedback after burn in. The improvement is huge, the music is much organic and smooth. We received one customer feedback today.

794803676_thumbnail_ReThankyouagain002.thumb.png.1f68408f976a181a9ff7db5c1b81ea64.png

On 6/1/2021 at 12:04 AM, ambre said:

Hi Adrian.

What your present experiences concerning the additional filters as defined by John Swenson for the 50 and 75 Ohm Sin wave clocks ?

At first instance sounded good/ better / differently.

as before ..,,but I was informed that for better Quality Adark clocks this could be contraproductive in term if Sq maybe too clean too digital.

Maybe good for the Chinese BG Sin wave etc!

Please your advice from which clock level to should not be needed from Prince to Eva?

Will de-install to hear the original Sq again.

Ps. Yes every  change isn’t always an improvement.

Very best regards,Andreas

Hello! Andreas,

Thanks for your questions. We have some positive review with the Giesemann Clock - Emperor Signature to work with EtherREGEN. The reviews is worth to shares.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/etherregen-with-an-afterdark-ocxo-clock-wow/161630

Review of Giesemann OCXO - Queen SE Square Wave for EtherREGEN after 30 days month "burn-in"

QUEEN.thumb.jpeg.4d4914e5ac9550c520ee822bf11450e4.jpeg

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

2 hours ago, ambre said:

Imo removing Mini Circuits filter betters overall sound on my 50 Ohm Afterdark.

At first instance I was delighted but …after a while I was missing some aspects.

High focus on mid high and really airy but cymbals wasn’t that crispy as remembered and mid bass lacks also and deep low bass isn’t was earlier( especially organ music) as low as it should / can be.

For sale within Europe for €15,00 ex postage 🥸

Hi Ambre,

This is the same feeling with some of the Giesemann customers. The low-pass filter will act like a low pass filter, like the power filter, which cut the information from the backgrounds. It may make music not natural in presentation. The filter adds two more contact points between the signal, which harm the performances. The high quality Giesemann Clock never needs this filter to compensate the perfomance. 

We believe the noise is make music alive, more analog and organic. If it is too clean, we will start to feel the music is clean with digital feelings.  Less is more.

We believes customers perfers natural and smooth music representations. The high resolution of music, which audiophile can feels right and play music should have been sound. When we tested our products, we perform listening test on our Goldmund system with music on Classical, Piano and Violin. This can demonstrated the weakness and strength with respect to the new products. We fine tune them with audiophile's mind and keep customers smile when listening to music. 

Some of the device e.g. Mutec MC-3+USB will drop out with this Mini Circuits low pass filter. There is some information, which is important , being filter out which this filter.  

We have another happy customer today :-)

340273112_HappyCustomer-).thumb.png.577dde4e42bf80ec28453d4af18eaeec.png

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards,

Adrian 

AfterDark. 

3 hours ago, John G said:

I recently got a dCS Bartók DAC, which I'm enjoying a great deal. The company also makes an external clock (the Rossini) which, at US$ 8,500 is no small investment and I've been tempted by it, although I really don't understand the function of a clock in a digital music system. I came across this thread from a post on the Tidal forum and it make me wonder:  would the Afterdark Master Clock serve the same function as the dCS Rossini master clock?

Hi! John,

Thanks for your questions. We have one product which has same function as the dCS Rossini Master Clock:

The device have one 44.1Mhz, 48Mhz, and additional 10M Master Output. This is designed with one of the dCS customer. 

dCS Bartók DAC

The input 1 of Word Clock is 44.1Mhz and input 2 is 48Mhz. Then select the dCS to accept external clock, it will plug and play and accepting external word clock signals.1054976951_Screenshot2021-06-05at9_39_42AM.thumb.png.6a5d9c8699c8d42ab8992311d39ccf2a.png

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hmmh .... 0.4mm for 1A before melting i.e. Afterdark clock <<1.0A ?

Frankly do not like how fragile 0.4mm is and may just change to same dueland 0.8mm one ... any concern on detrimental effect to performance if soldered right ?

Cheers.

Screenshot_20210615-205547_OneDrive.jpg

Hi Richard,

We have 0.8mm in stock, but the sounding is not as good as 0.4mm one. May be due to Giesemann clock only consume 0.6A. So it sound the better when compared, a little fragile that is true.

I hope you enjoy the burn in process, it will get better abs better.

Have a nice evening.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, sakso136 said:

Hi afterdark,

I would like to go with your gisemann clock,to clock my ER and my singxer su1 converter.

I want also 2 premium bnc cables( i bought one from you already).

My Er is the normal version.

I prefer one clock with built in lps with 2  clock outputs .

According to you wich is the best option price/ perf.

I tried looking on your website i got lost.

We chatted before on whatsup but i lost your number,i trust your expertise.

Thks

Hi Sakso136,

Thanks for your questions. We just check the specification for Singxer SU1 Convertor can accept 10M Master Clock in 75ohms. ER normal version is on 75ohms as well. 

We have one products called Trifecta Ultra Edition, which has triple 10M outputs at 75ohm. 

https://www.adark.co/collections/project-giesemann-ocxo/products/afterdark-project-clayx-giesemann-ocxo-10mhz-x-triple-integrals-integrated

This model becomes very demand, as we have more devices which can accepting 10M Master Clock.

IMG_3258_2048x.jpg?v=1611711970

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

56 minutes ago, sakso136 said:

Hi thks,

The trifecta comes with different names/ models.

Wich one is the best/ price performance.

Thks

Hi! Sakso136,

The Trifecta - Emperor Double Crown is the best seller and best / price performance ratio. The SU-1 and ER is worth to have EDC. 

Thanks 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Hi! 

We shall provide the list of compatible device as below for references:

• ESOTERIC Grandioso K1X, K1, P1X, P1X, P1, D1X, D1, K-01Xs, K-01X, K-01, K-03Xs, K-03X, K-03, K-05Xs, K-05X, K -05, K-07Xs, K-07X, K-07, D-02X, D-02, D-05X, D-07X, P-021, P-02X ,, N-01XD, N-01, N- 03T, N-05, G-0, G-0s, G-0Rb, G-02, G-03X, G-25U,
  • TASCAM CG1000 
  • dCS Vivaldi clock, Paganini clock, Scarlatti Clock 
  • MUTEC iCLOCK, MC-3 + , MC-3 + USB
  • Antelope Audio Isochrone OCX HD, OCX-V, OCX, TRINITY, PURE2
  • BRAINSTORM DCD-8
  • Phaseteck HD-7A
  • Phasemation HD-7A192
  • SFORZATO DSP-01, DSP-Vera, DSP-Dorado , DSP-Pavo, DST-01, DSP-03, DSP-05
  • TEAC UD-503, UD-505, NT-503, NT-505
  • SPEC RMP-X1 / Sound Warrior SWD-CL10 / TechDAS D-7, D7i / RATOC RAL-DSDHA2 / M2TECH EVO DAC TWO PLUS, HIFACE EVO TWO 
  • CH Precision C1,D1 
  • aurender W20
  • soulnote D-2, S-3 
  • SOtM sMS-200ultra, tX-USBultra, SOtM sNH-10G (all require master clock input function) 
  • SHENZHENAUDIO GUSTARD U16, Singher SU-2
  • iFi Audio Pro iDSD
  • UpTone Audio EtherREGEN
  • Gustard X26Pro MQA ES9038PRO DAC 
  • Audio Gd DI-20HE, DI-20, R-7HE (version 2020), R-7 (version 2020) 

Thanks everyone's information and clarification. 

Hava a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! 

We are delighted to receive some positive feedback for Giesemann Clock and BNC Clock cable. The improvement is quite impressive for audiophiles. 

10083256_Giesemannbnc.thumb.png.77e0f4ab52f54bc93262e4cd42b65f36.png

Overall.thumb.png.3e8f4dce3eb34120b28db734ba6e3087.png

Thanks everyone's support.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! 

We received a positive feedback using Giesemann Emperor Signature from Michael C. from Switzerland. 

Keep burning in for 4 days unit 35days to reach optimal stage. 

Have a nice day and enjoy "burn in" every day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

1774736716_EmperorSignature.thumb.jpeg.38b531805f3810140d7064163f95878c.jpeg

1839218766_EmperorSignatureMichealSwiss.thumb.jpeg.34d47cccc1b101ad51c9ae229c239057.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, jkenton said:

Based on Singxer SU-6 specs and configuration, there is a single 75 ohm BNC WCLK out on rear of unit. Therefore should one assume it is not possible to connect an After Dark 10 Mhz clock ( which can be done on Singxer SU-2) ?

Hi! Jeff, 

We have range of Singxer Collections, including the latest model for all audiophilestyle.com user. Group buy is possible if anyone interested in Singxer SU-2 (with 10M Master Clock input) or Singxer SU-6 all in one Femto clock (without 10M Master Clock input bypass) . 

Singxer product is sold out every weeks with high demends, the Giesemann Clock Trifecta works really well with Singxer, it is quite amazing to hear. 

174227581_thumbnail_ReGiesemannEvaOCXOTripleOutput.thumb.png.ef9d0a8bc69a14a0eb72b28f41a6dd14.png

644739202_Screenshot2021-08-24at6_45_19PM.thumb.png.aebfc9608d92e918601410ce53bd1864.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

We have some positive feedback for Queen Square Wave SE today. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

BE217A33-13FC-461A-B4E3-E7F8988A5630.thumb.jpeg.0cba31fd77a5602890f07a2f3521c354.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Mouna said:

Hi Adrian - what happens with the guaranty when one of your items is sold to someone  - will the next owner have the same rest of the guaranty?

Best

Mouna

Hi! Mouna,

The warranty is transferable to new owner, Please kindly keep the invoice number of last purchase order, we can check them at the online system. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

We have some official reviews form Audiophiles in USA. 😀

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/network-project: the-anatomy-of-a-network-system-by-moreno-mitchelll/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! 

We are delight to have return customers to upgrade for Emperor Signature. The music is just so smooth with Giesemann Clock, we hopes good music keep goes on everyday. 🙂

1837606918_ESFeedback14OCT21.thumb.jpg.d235e67c52117897a5ca87cd92e24a2a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! 

We agreed the BNC clock cable is very sensitive to quality Giesesman Clock. Some clock cable has strong character, some cable we found them very smooth and balanced. It is always good to tune with cable, depends on audiophile system and setting. There is no harm to use studio cable like Apogge, Mogami or the Belden stock BNC cable, comes with each Giesemann Clock. They are very natural with no coloring on sound. 

The upgrade path for customer will be BNC Cables first, as they will remove the bottleneck for Emperor Grade Giesemann Clock. 

Have a good fun with different BNC Cables. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

1278764287_ReClockupgradefromQueen.thumb.png.ee8ab1a52a97712f9e6457d6d4def9de.png

Hi! Bryan,

Thanks for your message. The DC connectors is very high quality, produced by one of the best connector company called Lumberg based in Germany. We found that the Giesemann Clock is very sensitive to power connector, to provide the best contact points, this model is selected by us for sound tuning. 

For the DC cable, there is upgrade version AFTERDARK. CONTINENTAL TRIPLE CROWN CFS DC POWER CABLE (LIMITED EDITION), this cable is hand made with Oyeida Gold DC plug, which is excellent to improve with stock DC Cable.

All the Giesemann Clock is backed by 10 years warranty, if it is damaged we could fix them. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

303548888_DCplug.JPG.89d82141a3a75a9dfacf04b02e4a3830.JPG