IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

Hi Richard and John,

Maybe this is not the correct forum but do you please can comment on what the ER add between the CX and EX? That will be a very interesting information for me and maybe others members. I am using the S40/S60 + EX with a Sablon ethernet cable (2021) between them. Adding a SOTM ISO-CAT 6 change the presentation but not for better, in my case, the organic sound of this combo gone.

I am also burning (5 days now) an AfterDark clock (the less expansive one) and so far my impressions are very positive.  I always prefer the Antipodes combo (through USB) due to it organic sound compared to the DCS Bartok internal streamer (using Mosaic) which have much more impact, dynamic, bass control (that I like) but more aggressive at high frequency that I don't like. With the ER+AfterDark clock everything changed. Now the Bartok have have the same dynamic, better bass control but now, much more organic sound. I been listing to the Bartok alone for the last two days and it sound amazing.   

Regards

Carlos

• 4 months later...
  • AfterDark. changed the title to Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen
  • 1 month later...

Mike,

I have used them side by side and for the last six months, staked, PS on top. I didn’t noticed any change in sound quality doing that. However, power and clock cable used on them impact the sound. PS is the one that generate a little heat so that way I am using on top avoiding interfering with the clock temperature. Maybe Adrian can give you additional advice.

Regards