IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

Any more reviews of the Queen Square Wave SE for the Etherregen? I am currently stumped, wondering whether i should get the queen square wave SE or go for one of the emperor models... Maybe reading more reviews will help sway me one way or the other before the group buy thingie expires.

So more reviews of the Gieseman clock models would certainly be welcome, particularly, the Queen and the emperor series and comparisons between their levels of performance if possible.

9 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

Really enjoying my Queen Square Wave,  though I've no doubt higher up the range would be better again.  Trying to convince myself it's unnecessary though if I do give in I'll likely get an Emperor Double Crown  :)

Could you kindly give some description of the difference it makes to the sound from the ER? What enhancements does the Queen Square Wave bring to the table?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 9:36 PM, AfterDark. said:

Hello! LEO SOUND,

Thanks for your interested. The master Clock Emperor Triple Crown in 75 ohm require to made to order in limited supply every month. This version is in sine wave.

The mini filter is designed to work with sine wave Giesemann, connect directly to EtherREGEN or Mutec MC3-USB. This filter is quite amazing tweak, which can improve the vocal and details. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Adrian:  So far I have been contemplating the Queen square wave solution, but then I also realize that those who purchased the Queen Square wave for Etherregen are wishing they had gone for a higher model. My question is whether any of the higher "Emperor" models do square waves and whether they are spec'ed at 75 Ohms, or are they sine waves performing at 50 and 75 Ohms?  This matters to me, because I'd rather avoid the filters if I can, if I opt for one of the higher model Giesemann clocks.

I also have an Uptone LPS 1.2 on standby that I can use with the Clock.  I am wondering how the uptone might compare in performance with the Gieseman power supply.

4 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

Hello! Sahman,

Thanks for your questions. 

The Queen Square Wave is designed to work with EtherREGEN. This is the best seller, performance is great and the improvement is huge for EtherREGEN. The music is just right and most customer will be impressed with the performance. 

The upgrade version from Emperor above , is another level when compared, the details, smoothness of music is quite rewarding, the soundstage is much wider and open. The micro details is mix of density with authority in bass. 

The high Emperor models are in sine waves with choice of 50 and 75 Ohms. The LPS 1.2 is an excellent choice for Giesemann Clock.  

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Okay, Queen Square Wave for ER ordered.  First of all, I want to make sure that the 10% discount was pre-calculated into the tallies, and that I did not need any coupon code to activate it.

If that checks out with you, may I know roughly how much time it would take for me to receive the unit.  I am located in Massachusetts.

Thanks for all your assistance, particularly your patience in answering my questions.

• 1 month later...

So I initiated my Queen Squarewave Gieseman Clock only last night to begin the "burn-in."  I was just wondering how many hours or days of burn in are normally required for each clock to hit its own stride. By the way, I can hear the difference already.

Is there any kind of light on the unit that should go on in order to show that it is working?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few questions: 

--what happens when you attach a Grieseman Master Clock to an ER and forget to flip the "Clock" switch on the ER to the "EXT" position?

--Does any kind of "burn-in"  on the attached external clock occur even when the Switch is not in the EXT position?

--When you first install the clock and attach it to the ER with the BNC cable, what are the best practices to ensure that *everything* is working well, apart from flipping the ER clock switch to the EXT position?  Are any reboots required, for example, and how are hey done?

I am sorry if these question sound silly and "Noobie-ish". I just realized to my horror that I forgot to flip the switch when I initially installed the queen Square wave clock, and realize that the whole burn-in process must perhaps start afresh, although the system is playing okay after I finally flipped the switch to the "EXT" position (although the music seems to be sounding slightly more "sluggish" than usual, if I am not imagining it).

I do not mind restarting the "burn-in" process, but I want to make sure I have gotten everything right this time. I could not read the literature which came with the clock, because of the smallness of the font. If there are a set of "how to" instructions posted on line, could someone kindly point me to them?)

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, PYP said:

I think the most important guidance is to keep the clock powered at all time so that it can stabilize.  If you lose power, as has happened to me twice (power company problem), nothing is damaged and you re-start by making sure the clock is on before powering on the etherREGEN.  My assumption would be that as long as the clock is powered and connected to the eR, the clock has been stabilizing, even if the switch on the eR was not switched.  You haven't harmed anything.  The eR simply didn't know you wanted to use an external clock (see programming below).  I have a Cybershaft clock, but the practices are the same.  

From the etherREGEN User Guide:  

If you are going to attach an external 10MHz reference clock to the EtherREGEN, then you must move the small switch labeled “CLOCK INT/EXT” to the ‘EXT’ position. In order for the EtherREGEN to correctly program its clock synthesizer chip to use either the Internal (Crystek XO) or External clock as reference, the CLOCK INT/EXT switch must be set BEFORE DC power is applied. Programming will not occur if the CLOCK switch is moved after DC power is applied.

The sequence to utilize an external reference clock with the EtherREGEN is:

1) Remove DC power from the EtherREGEN.
2) Set the CLOCK INT/EXT switch to the EXT position.
3) Connect a BNC clock cable from a 10MHz reference clock. 4) Power on the reference clock.
5) Apply DC power to the EtherREGEN.

This is very helpful. Many thanks.