IGNORED

Cables in CASH list

Hi Chris,

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but did you ever consider adding the various different types of cables we all have to use in the CASH list?

For example USB, SPDIF Coax, maybe even TOSLINK?

Great site and very informative foum,

Barry

Please, this is not a post for all the nay-sayers to come out of their closets and jump on the "any cable will suffice" kick! :)

Barry_Fl

Hi Barry - Very good suggestion. There are actually some cables such as Toslink to mini-Toslink that don't work for high resolution content and some USB cables that don't meet the IEEE USB specification. By adding cables that not only work and meet specs but also degrade the sound less than others, readers could find even more value in the CASH List.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I love your criteria Chris. Even if people cannot come to grips with why or whether, an objective starting point from you would be a great entry for many as often cabling differences are masked at first by other issues. Once a system get's tuned in, knowing that you have solid product in the first place makes it easier to progress w/o fear or invalidation issues.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz