IGNORED

Balancing IT interests and music interests in managed switches

I understand that your computer serves both, your company and your music interest?

If you would use a dedicated musicserver/audio PC and a local switch as @AudioDoctor
has suggested and use your pc only for control function, you may solve your problems. The minimal version could be using a 2nd dedicated LAN card on your PC for the 2nd  (old) network with your old switch (if still available), I would assume.

Could you connect your NAS simultaneously to your new 2960 switch and the SG350, using one Ethernet port of the 415+ per switch?

With a 2nd ethPort on your computer you could as well go directly to the 2960 to avoid crossing the managed switches, however internet streamed music would still cross all switches before getting upsampled ...

Did you find out which upsampling rate is possible with your actual configuration?

4 hours ago, sdolezalek said:

but I'd then have to create two NAS drives (one with my music files and one with my photography and business backups

Why? Imo a NAS is a file sanctuary with intelligent software to meet your demands in security, file mangement and distribution/access.

1 hour ago, sdolezalek said:

I can do DSD256 using Poly Sinc Ext2 (same filter I was using with DSD512) with minimal dropouts,

over LAN, streaming or local?

1 hour ago, sdolezalek said:

Unfortunately, I can hear the difference between 512 and 256 with the Delta Sigma DAC chips... ;-( 

I feel with you.. . .

Just for testing: if you let Roon do it's standard OS to DSD512 (no HQP), does it work without dropouts using NAS?

Bloody questionnaire is about locating the bottleneck...

In my book connecting the NAS, the UltraRendu and your PC with a 2nd ethConnection (first to the SG350) to the 2960 (with the 2960 connected to the SG350) may provide the best network performance for music under the given circumstances.

We may ask  @plissken
if a 2nd subnet or 2nd LAN would be still of advantage?

Regards, Tom