IGNORED

Which of these would make more sense?

Hello guys,

Here is a picture of my current setup. Please note that the purple circles (Paul Hynes LPS and Mutec Ref 10 ) are currently NOT present in the circuit. My music server is currently powered by a HDPlex 200W LPS.

I am thinking of either of the 2 things:

1. Upgrade my power supply to Paul Hynes / Sean Jacobs. But considering I am using a network renderer and have galvanic isolation, will it make a big difference?

2. Upgrade the clock to the Mutec REF10.

Which of these do you think I should do first?

IMG_0053.thumb.PNG.b3907c24113b0c6e5002b54405fc62fe.PNG

There is a new Special Edition version of Mutec out now. I have one. I Like it. But wouldn't know where to start with your set up.

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

Sorry just looked at your profile. 

I’ve been on very similar journey to yours. It’s all about budget, but the fact you considering a Mutec 10. Then ....

Router>SOTM Switch>EtherRegen>Server>SOTM USB>DAC

I box solution. Sell items you don’t need, and spend your budget on best LPS there is, Sean Jacobs DC4? 

I know this doesn’t really answer the question but I feel power makes biggest difference. Putting such good LPS at start of the chain will make a difference yes, but better if it’s the start & end if that makes sense. 

Anyway that’s the journey I took with SOTM, only difference to yours was I replaced SOTM usb with Pink Faun Ultra USB. Negating the need for a Mutec. 

Yes, I removed my renderer. Like many others found the one box solution worked best with good LPS, JCAT card, & USB card or reclocker. Also lot less clutter & cost. 

But appreciate you want something to work with Spotify. I use Euphony which had Qobuz or Tidal. 

Paul Hynes v Sean Jacobs. I can’t comment, I’ve only had Sean’s LPS’s. I think I have around 11-12 DC3 rails now. Great guy. 

Sean could make you mutli-rail LPS. a 10amp DC3 for your CPU. 3 rails ATX, & 1 rail for JCAT card. Total 5 rails. 

As I said above this is the route I’ve been down lately. Thanks to like of Nenon & many others on this forum.