IGNORED

Pure Music 1.72a

Has anyone noticed that 1.72a sounds way better?

I was listening last night to some 16/44.1 and they seemed a lot cleaner.

Also the 24/96 stuff seemed better as well.

Thanks pM!

Open baffle with Feastrex for the top end and 16\" AE for the bass.[br]Pass labs 30.5 drives the AE and my own 45 with Intact Audio output transformers all silver build drives the Feastrex. [br]Lynx Aurora with Antelope clock.[br]Pure Music does the crossover work. Mac mini with a SSD and a Glyph hd for the data. [br]West of the Pecos...[br]East of the Rio Grande...

With 1.71, Pure Music changed the memory management. This resulted in better sonics; at least to me.

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

I believe Pure Vinyl and Pure Music have the same rendering software and whilst it took me a while to get my head round the complexities I have -never- had any pops or clicks.

I have a Mac mini server normally operating headless into a Resolution Audio Cantata USB input. If I use my Metric Halo LIO-8 and also rip a CD in my firewire LaCie CD reader, which is daisychained with the LIO-8 I do get limitations if the CD is good enough to rip fast, but this is a fairly obvious firewire bus overload situation.

I am a happy user.

Frank[br]Mac mini, Amarra, Pure vinyl, Resolution Cantata, Metric Halo LIO-8, dCs P8i,DeVialet 800, Goldmund Mim 20/36+/22/29.4, Epilog 1&2[br]Reference Turntable Ortofon Jubilee pickup

Unfortunately for me, for the first time ever I am having trouble with PM. It keeps crashing on me and when I play a cd, it skips around. For example, I was listing to Gaucho and during the middle of Babylon Sister, it skipped to the middle of Time Out of Mind. I retried playing the music and PM "skipped" in exactly the same place in Babylon Sister to exactly the same place in Time Out of Mind again. The same thing happened on a few other tracks and PM "skips" to another song and skips in the same place to the same place in the new track. This is repeatable for me. Bummer because PM had been absolutely rock solid for me in every build until now and what I had heard in 1.72a sounded good but for 30 minutes of skipping around while listening. I will give it a few more tries, but at this point, upgrade cautiously.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

MarkS,

Please notify Rob at Channel D about your problem. He will try to fix it quickly. He needs the feedback from customers like yourself.

You have an excellent system.

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

Ok, also, I think it might just be happening on gapless albums. I need to test it more.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

I just got off the phone with Rob. He could not have been more responsive or helpful. He fixed my issue with gapless playback instantly by suggesting that I check "preallocate" in the music server settings under preferences in Pure Music. If others find that they are having trouble with gapless albums, I suggest trying this too.

Top level support and the new version is sounding great!

- Mark

I really appreciate that we are continuing to get these updates.

Obvious, but I don't automatically get stylus or magnet upgrades in the mail from Dynavector. Sony doesn't send me updated versions of CDs I've already purchased.

Computer audio is wonderful.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Me too, I´m having problems with version 1.72a. PM crashes when I enter a gapless album. This didn´t happened with version 1.7. I use a Macbook Pro with 4 gb of RAM, not too much but it has to be enough. I think the problem resides in the PM memory management. I don´t know about versions in the middle between 1.7 and 1.72a because I haven´t installed them

MacBook Pro i7- 8Gb Mem - OS Mavericks - Audirvana Plus 2.x- Interface USB - dCS Vivaldi trio (DAC, Upsampler, Clock) - Digital cables: Crystal Cable Mod. Absolute Dream - Amplification: Boulder 2160 - Interconnects: Transparent OPUS - Loudspeakers: Wilson ALEXIA - speaker cables: Transparent Opus MM2 - Electric Filter: Shunyata Mod. Hydra Triton - Power cables: Transparent and Crystal Cable -Sennheiser HDVA600 > Sennheiser HD800

Do you guys have preallocate memory selected with memory? I do and everything has worked fine here.

The preallocate checkbox will fix the gapless problem.

See my post below.

- Mark

Thanks to all of you that gave us the hint. It really works!!!!! Checking the preallocate box is the solution. No more crashes and now lets enjoy the wonderful music!!

MacBook Pro i7- 8Gb Mem - OS Mavericks - Audirvana Plus 2.x- Interface USB - dCS Vivaldi trio (DAC, Upsampler, Clock) - Digital cables: Crystal Cable Mod. Absolute Dream - Amplification: Boulder 2160 - Interconnects: Transparent OPUS - Loudspeakers: Wilson ALEXIA - speaker cables: Transparent Opus MM2 - Electric Filter: Shunyata Mod. Hydra Triton - Power cables: Transparent and Crystal Cable -Sennheiser HDVA600 > Sennheiser HD800

FWIW - Mine has been running non-stop for hours, no problem.

Maybe that's because I do not play gapless music, since I use specific cuts when voicing systems.

Various speakers, electronics, cable, etc. on loan for manufacturers' evaluation.

More or less permanently in use:

Schiit Iggy (latest), Ayre QB-9 DSD, Ayre Codex, Uptone Audio ISO Regen/LPS-1 Power supply, Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, PS Audio LanRover, Small Green Computer, Sonore ultraRendu, gigaFOIL4 ethernet/optical filter - Keces PS-3 power supply, (3) MBPs - stripped down for music only,  AQ Diamond USB & Ethernet, Transparent USB, Curious USB, LH Lightspeed split USB, Halide USB DAC, Audirvana +, Pure Music, ASR Emitter II Exclusive Blue amp, Ayre K-5xeMP preamp, Pass X-1 preamp, Quicksilver Mid-Mono Amps, Pass XA-30.5 amp, Duelund ICs & Speaker Cables, Paul Hynes SR-7 power supply, Grand Prix Audio Monaco Isolation racks & F1 shelves, Tannoy Canterbury SEs w/custom Duelund crossovers and stands, 2 REL 212SEs, AV RoomService EVPs, ASC Tube Traps, tons of CDs, 30 IPS masters, LPs.

http://www.getbettersound.com

I also noticed a quality improvement with the new version. I also tried some FLAC files from HDtracks. Great sound. Having the ability to drop FLAC into Itunes and play with PM directly is very nice. This also eliminates the need to convert FLAC files.

Mac Mini, Pure Music, Pure Vinyl, Lynx Hilo

The preallocate may be the solution to my PM crash problems also but it appears I have to fix something else firs. I have a base Mac Mini with 2GB of RAM and preallocate requires a minimum of 3GB free or else it is not selectable.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa