IGNORED

Amarra in different modes, which sounds BEST to you?

I like to take a poll on which mode you like Amarra BEST at?

1. Amarra along side with iTunes

2. Amarra in Playlist mode tracks loaded from iTunes

3. Amarra in Playlist mode tracks loaded from iTunes with Cache mode ON

4. Amarra in Playlist mode tracks loaded from Finder (iTunes not running)

5. Amarra in Playlist mode tracks loaded from Finder with Cache mode ON (iTunes not running)

3 and 5 for me. The only thing I don't like about the current Amarra is the gapless playback mechanism, it's clunky compared to PM's "Memory Play" - but Amarra is sounding better.

Steve

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

but I am also very very happy with 1) with cache mode on in the revised 2.1 release. IMHO the 'cache' mode has moved Amarra on hugely - on this basis, unless I am in very 'audiophile' sort of mood, I am listening in 1) armed with itunes itouch/pad/phone remote.

Spoilt for choice!

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

Too busy listening, mate!

Some times I don't bother turning Amarra MINI on. Less hassle and I prefer playing complete albums, not "the first 10 consecutive tracks". Start iTunes, click the album and we have music! Interface has a lot to learn from Apple.

Sounds brilliant though! Finally made a dedicated playlist on iTunes from all the B&W SoS downloads. These are 24/48 mostly and played with option #3. Beautifull! Even played some Classical today!

Fully Balanced Differential Stereo: Jamo R909 < Emotiva XPA-1 < XLR < Emotiva XSP-1 < Weiss DAC2 < Oyaide d+ FW400/800 < iMac < Synology DS1815+ NAS

Software: Amarra Symphony iRC, XLD, iTunes.