IGNORED

Is there any high end DAC that can sound as good as turntable ($10,000 budget for each)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, k27R said:

Good advice from everyone. In my experience, you get more for the money with a good analog setup vs digital. The quality of transport feeding the dac is just as important as the dac itself. Putting all your money into a dac could be disappointing if your transport is not on the same level. 

Like you, it was a real eye opener when I put a vintage turntable in my system just to try it out.  My analog and digital setups are on the same level now, but I have way more $$ invested on the digital side of things. I use my analog setup as reference for any changes I make to the digital side of things. Analog just ticks all of the right boxes for me. 

The other issue is that some music is only available on either vinyl or digital. For instance, this month Sade released remastered, with some vision for a change, the original six studio discs on vinyl only. It is then more important to have vinyl or digital played ‘at the same level’ so there’s no compromise on playback, makes the choice of media easier, although vinyl is close to triple the price for the equivalent CD for new releases.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

2 hours ago, quanghuy147 said:

If I am going to build a PC as music streamer to feed my DAC, do you think this is a good option to follow? Thank you.

The presenter's music server is entry level. The components are one thing, the other is technique of the construction.  As @sandyk points out, have a good look at the thread for the DIY solution. The idea is to build a Taiko Extreme Server as a DIY approach, and like the manufacturer of the Taiko, the development went so far down the rabbit hole, it took a lot of time and effort to rule out what sounds bad. 

Results are pretty good if there's somewhere in between a Taiko and what you're happy with. My own server is not perfect by any means, but with mods here and there, I'm happy with what I hear.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA