IGNORED

Banksy, Picasso and All That Jazz.

• 2 weeks later...

@DuckToller I admit I'm not a huge Eno fan, I sometimes happened to play his ambient stuff mainly while falling asleep but I bet that hearing it on this gramophone in such circumstances would be something..

I'll post something pretty weird now.'

This is a Hokusai painting.

800px-Tako_to_ama_retouched.jpg

And this is a photography by Yushi Li (not a great one IMHO).

‘He’s the son of Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour and kind of famous’ … The Dream of the Fisherwoman by Yushi Li.

The model's name is Charlie Gilmour. Yes, his dad is a quite good guitarist..

(he's an adopted son)

2 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Here's his story ...

why didn't you refrence it ?

1. Because I actually don't think this photography is very good.

2. Because I didn't think many would be interested.

BTW we live in the times when everyone is a photographer (or at least thinks he is one). Maybe that's one of the reasons photography is probably one of the most degraded forms of art nowadays.

At least that's what I think. 

• 9 months later...

The U.S. Supreme Court is set to ponder in a case centering on paintings by the late artist Andy Warhol a question as philosophical as it is legal: what is the line between art and copyright theft when artwork is inspired by other material?

It's about Andy Warhol works based on Lynn Goldsmith's photograph of Prince.

Warhol copyright case could redefine when "fair use" is fair - Marketplace

Picture14-1.jpg

A really interesting topic.

Maybe others, including Campbell's soup label designer should have sued him too.?

picture4-6.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Babel 2001 is a large-scale sculptural installation that takes the form of a circular tower made from hundreds of second-hand analogue radios that the artist has stacked in layers. The radios are tuned to a multitude of different stations and are adjusted to the minimum volume at which they are audible. Nevertheless, they compete with each other and create a cacophony of low, continuous sound, resulting in inaccessible information, voices or music.

In describing this work, Meireles refers to a ‘tower of incomprehension’. The installation manifests, quite literally, a Tower of Babel, relating it to the biblical story of a tower tall enough to reach the heavens, which, offending God, caused him to make the builders speak in different tongues. Their inability to communicate with one another caused them to become divided and scatter across the earth and, moreover, became the source of all of mankind’s conflicts.

29119516924_aa2492be2d_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Banksy has claimed a new piece of artwork which appears to have a theme of domestic abuse and fighting violence against women.

The wall painting appears to show a 1950s housewife, wearing a classic blue pinny and yellow washing up gloves, with a swollen eye and a missing tooth seemingly shoving her male partner into a chest freezer.

In a series of photographs posted on his Instagram account, the elusive artist captioned the piece “Valentine’s day mascara” and zoomed in twice to show a close-up of the woman’s smiling but seemingly battered face..

7QGZRU5W4DX3FCPXIIH63AOVQI.jpg

c712c285c141b9e3ee2c240aa979f363

A couple of hours later the freezer and other items used for the artwork had been removed. In a statement to The Independent, a representative for Thanet District Council confirmed that the freezer had been removed for safety reasons.

4PLONNH632PQSUVQHNAPD4KLJ4.jpg