IGNORED

Will Max convert DVD audio to Aiff

Vangelis

I went to the Linn site where they explain that you can convert their Flac file to lossless but I want Aiff and I want to rip my DVD audio discs to Aiff. Anyone know if Max can accomplish both? The aiff side of this may be less an issue now if iTunes will accept flac files and play though Pure Music 1.7

Thanks

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

Very few programs can convert from DVD-Audio.

The main program which can do this is DVD Audio Explorer but the Mac version doran support MLP which most DVD-A discs are encoded using. The Windows version however worked simply on all the discs I tried. The output of DVD Audio Explorer is .WAV but these can easily be converted to AIFF or another format.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Hi Vangelis - Max can convert to and from nearly all formats that are already stored as files on the hard drive. It cannot rip DVD-Audio discs or the audio from DVD-Video discs. Here's an article I wrote about ripping DVD-Audio etc...

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/How-Rip-DVD-Audio-DVD-Video-Audio-And-HDAD-Discs

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png