IGNORED

Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection 1500 Release Dates and Links To Purchase

I have bought most from Dusty Groove in Chicago. Not sure how prices compare but I figure the lower shipping costs and time offset. I have about 20 or so of the Craftman reissues to add to my older SACDs and XRLD issues. You can also order a few titles from Acoustic Sounds in both digital and vinyl. BTW, I have also ordered some later Tsuyoshi Yamamoto titles on other labels from them as well and they are also excellent.  

Has anyone else bought these? One is a Best of TBM Gold Disc from The Golden String Audiophile Society (In Japan?) I slid the OBI strip over so you can see the cover. The other is a Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio recorded direct to DSD and mixed in multi-channel. No one in my circle of collectors knows of the Best of TBM disc.211818947_bestoftbm2.thumb.jpg.8a579483a814c846ed9171641694e5e9.jpg

best of tbm3.jpg

yamamoto in surround.jpg

Let me know if you find one exceptional. Always looking for recommendations. I've been listening to the TBM 65 - Shoji Yokuouchi Blonde On The Rocks. I went ahead and ordered this book today:

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/955214?sf=three+blind+mice&incl_oos=1&incl_cs=1&kwfilter=three+blind+mice&sort_order=artist

Didn't realize I can translate Japanese with my phone. I'm sure I will start obsessing over these too just like my Blue Notes.

That will keep you busy this weekend. Please let me know about that George Otsuka Physical Structure album. I really like the Go On and Page 2 (non-TBM) albums. I'm hoping that they will continue the series. The TBM book has color pictures of all the albums and there are some that look great based on the album covers.

Thanks for the recommendations to both of you. Good as bought. Dusty Groove has it on vinyl but is out of stock on cd. Not sure about the, 

"it includes  "Naimi" from Giant Steps which is a Coltrane tune that they take up a notch" remark.

Can that be done? Them's fighting words for a Coltrane fan like me, haha. Just kidding.

Tall praise especially if you note the band around him.

I can't wait to hear it. Sounds like you know your Coltrane too. Naimi btw was his first wife's name. I would joke that the original version is romantic then later versions progress more and more off the rails (like my first wife) but that may not be pc. :-) Don't want to project that onto other people.

I like the earlier stuff best but I can dig the later stuff. I started out collecting Blue Note 4000's, then 1500's, etc. Bought Midnight Sugar about 20 years ago and now I am on the TBM train. Haven't heard a bad one yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Kevin Gray can do no wrong in my book. Best at his job today. I think they sound better (and in a nicer package) but they also cost more than twice as much. You can also find SACDs of these and pull out the DSD stream if that floats your boat. :-)

Weren't more 1500 series titles released yesterday?

What!? Where? I checked Disk Union and Discs Japan and didn't see the 11th release yet. The 10th release has been available for order on Discs Japan for a little while (links in the original post).

My bad. I was quoting Dusty Groove. They had 4 titles with estimated delivery on 12/10. Poppy, Blues, Blues, Blues, etc. Probably from the last batch. BTW, I ordered 7 titles from Discs Japan in early November and ended up getting a refund yesterday. I kept checking status through the website with only an "Awaiting Fulfillment" message and no responses to emails weeks 3 and 4 through their website (or later through Paypal.) Is there some special technique you are using?

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Make sure you check the release dates rather than on sale dates. The albums for which you received a refund are set to ship around December 16, 2020. I have the albums from Dec 16 and Jan 20 ordered and awaiting fulfillment. DiscsJapan is really good about shipping on time in my experience. 

Actually the titles were to backfill some of the earlier releases from this year and 2019. Really weird that they would not comment in any way (waiting for one title, partial shipment, etc.)after 3 emails. Never did hear from them even during the refund process.

On 12/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, Brian H said:

Actually the titles were to backfill some of the earlier releases from this year and 2019. Really weird that they would not comment in any way (waiting for one title, partial shipment, etc.)after 3 emails. Never did hear from them even during the refund process.

Oddly,

I just received a DHL notice that my DiscsJapan order is being delivered next week after all. I guess I will have to reverse engineer the refund. I had just but some of the titles from a different source but I can always sell the duplicates. They are in demand.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, bbosler said:

mine too

one is a female vocalist. I haven't listened to any of the new ones yet and haven't spent much time listening to any of the other female vocalists because I haven't been able to get into them. Maybe it is just me but I haven't warmed up to any of them

I just imagine being transported to a small Japanese bar where the local band is doing it's best to play American songs. A little goes a long way though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, dsyzling said:

Can I ask if people ended up purchasing CDs or SACDs? Presumably the CDs are well recorded so format isn't necessarily important? I think I'll have to look into trying to import some of the TBM albums into the UK.

CDs for me too. I have a couple of SACDs and older XRCDs but the latest Craftman versions are just as good IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...