IGNORED

iPhone 12 WTF?

Thanks all! It's threads like these that reaffirm my decision to stick with my corded landline phone which uses no electricity. I am in a small minority of those who live without a cellphone. 

I'm also sticking to corded headphones and corded speakers.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

7 hours ago, daverich4 said:

Your corded phone uses electricity. The phone company sends the power directly to your house through a dedicated pair of wires that connect to your phone jack.

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Your corded phone receives power via the phone line. 

Thanks guys! I had no idea since my corded landline phone still works when the electricity goes out. OTOH my digital answering machine does have an electric cord that plugs into the wall. I learned something new.

Happy Independence Day. 😊

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

8 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

...I sat next to a person who had just learned that they'd have to replace their iPhone.  It was obvious this individual was distraught over having to shell out that kind of cash.  Tough news to have to deliver to a customer.

Thanks, yet another reason for me to stick with my corded landline phone. My current phone cost me $6 from Walmart. The one it replaced was $10 and it lasted for over ten years, that works out to $1 per year.

I still love music.

Teresa