IGNORED

Routers and Ethernet switch

46 minutes ago, Sheldon Simon said:

I know too many people who think 

the difference these switches make is minimal. 

Yep.  But then again I have an entire e-mail folder filled with unsolicited testimonials (with permission to quote then asked for and granted) from some of the nearly 2,000 people who have bought our EtherREGEN over the past year with a 30-day money-back guarantee (with only about 6 ever returned).  Plus a variety of in-depth reviews and awards.  So something is going on here regardless of what your understanding tells you should be. B|

From just last week...

On Dec 9, 2020, at 7:11 PM, <xxxxxxx> wrote:

Alex,
I just installed the EtherREGEN, and the improvements are shocking. I have upgraded my system this past 18 months to the tune of over 70K retail including, Wilson Sasha 2s, dCS Bartok, Rogue RP7, Naim DR300 and Shunyata conditioning and wires/cords. All of it was “good”, but did not reflect the degree of investment and I feared I went way past the point of diminishing returns. The sound was “flat”, precise and clear, but not engaging.

With just 2 hours of burn-in for the EtherREGEN my system has come alive. The imaging, including both depth and breadth has greatly expanded, but the most striking improvement is in how individual instruments and vocals appear across the image and are articulated as individual, yet are part of the whole. The music now catches my attention and makes me listen, it’s fascinating!

This is easily as big a change as a major component like a preamp or DAC. However its more than a change in the sound or a simple focusing of the lens like is said so often, it’s a compellingly improvement in the musicality of my system. It’s especially interesting in the mid-to-lower bass where the notes are fully developed rather than just bumps. The Wilsons are fully capable in that lower region, but were not being fed the right signal. The bass isn’t the biggest improvement it was just unexpected. The hint of digital glare I still had in my system is gone!

I’m sorry I’m being so verbose, but there is so much to describe. I will continue to follow your company’s  developments with excitement. Thank you so much for your EtherREGEN product and your very fair pricing!

Please feel free to share my e-mail with anyone interested in your product and your staff for developing and delivering this great product.
Alan H. (Kansas City, USA)
---------------

And from a month ago:

On Nov 17, 2020, at 4:25 PM, david smith <[email protected]> wrote:

Mr. Crespi..

Both I and my friend in Greensboro,NC received your EtherREGEN yesterday. I have been in high end audio for > 30 years and have a superb system, with a pair of the best SET amps made, and have not been afraid to try many potential products that could maybe, just a little bit, increase my systems sonics. Having read most of the reviews on the net about your product i was still was hesitant to believe the hype…I’ve been there before and been disappointed many times…..I started with ‘Flaminco Scetches’ from Kind Of Blue……What i heard was, without a doubt, the most analogue sounding digital reproduction i have ever heard……Track after track duplicated this sound.And this ‘right out of the box’..!I did not add the Keces P3…which i may not try at all. Even if this does not improve it is the best single improvement i have ever inserted into my system..Peter feels the same way..Thank you, and your partner, very much for your knowledge and professionalism..Just an AMAZING product..

David S., Danville, Virginia

-----------------

Oh, and:

1401762007_EtherREGENTASPotYAward.thumb.jpg.0f9de938498d61e85aa2e606d0d1368f.jpg

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Yep.  But then again I have an entire e-mail folder filled with unsolicited testimonials (with permission to quote then asked for and granted) from some of the nearly 2,000 people who have bought our EtherREGEN over the past year with a 30-day money-back guarantee (with only about 6 ever returned).  Plus a variety of in-depth reviews and awards.  So something is going on here regardless of what your understanding tells you should be. B|

From just last week...

On Dec 9, 2020, at 7:11 PM, <xxxxxxx> wrote:

Alex,
I just installed the EtherREGEN, and the improvements are shocking. I have upgraded my system this past 18 months to the tune of over 70K retail including, Wilson Sasha 2s, dCS Bartok, Rogue RP7, Naim DR300 and Shunyata conditioning and wires/cords. All of it was “good”, but did not reflect the degree of investment and I feared I went way past the point of diminishing returns. The sound was “flat”, precise and clear, but not engaging.

With just 2 hours of burn-in for the EtherREGEN my system has come alive. The imaging, including both depth and breadth has greatly expanded, but the most striking improvement is in how individual instruments and vocals appear across the image and are articulated as individual, yet are part of the whole. The music now catches my attention and makes me listen, it’s fascinating!

This is easily as big a change as a major component like a preamp or DAC. However its more than a change in the sound or a simple focusing of the lens like is said so often, it’s a compellingly improvement in the musicality of my system. It’s especially interesting in the mid-to-lower bass where the notes are fully developed rather than just bumps. The Wilsons are fully capable in that lower region, but were not being fed the right signal. The bass isn’t the biggest improvement it was just unexpected. The hint of digital glare I still had in my system is gone!

I’m sorry I’m being so verbose, but there is so much to describe. I will continue to follow your company’s  developments with excitement. Thank you so much for your EtherREGEN product and your very fair pricing!

Please feel free to share my e-mail with anyone interested in your product and your staff for developing and delivering this great product.
Alan H. (Kansas City, USA)
---------------

And from a month ago:

On Nov 17, 2020, at 4:25 PM, david smith <[email protected]> wrote:

Mr. Crespi..

Both I and my friend in Greensboro,NC received your EtherREGEN yesterday. I have been in high end audio for > 30 years and have a superb system, with a pair of the best SET amps made, and have not been afraid to try many potential products that could maybe, just a little bit, increase my systems sonics. Having read most of the reviews on the net about your product i was still was hesitant to believe the hype…I’ve been there before and been disappointed many times…..I started with ‘Flaminco Scetches’ from Kind Of Blue……What i heard was, without a doubt, the most analogue sounding digital reproduction i have ever heard……Track after track duplicated this sound.And this ‘right out of the box’..!I did not add the Keces P3…which i may not try at all. Even if this does not improve it is the best single improvement i have ever inserted into my system..Peter feels the same way..Thank you, and your partner, very much for your knowledge and professionalism..Just an AMAZING product..

David S., Danville, Virginia

-----------------

Oh, and:

1401762007_EtherREGENTASPotYAward.thumb.jpg.0f9de938498d61e85aa2e606d0d1368f.jpg

Just to let you know, I just ordered EtherRegen today from Audiostore UK. I have been interested of it since the release and shamefully it took this long to take action. I guess better late than never 😁

On 12/15/2020 at 11:36 AM, Blackmorec said:

Unlike analog, where there’s only the analog signal, digital music is stored in a purely digital format and its moved around using analog voltages.  When your music stream arrives at your ISP modem, its been subject to all the switching and noise nasties of the global internet. The digital signal is still perfectly intact (that’s the benefit of digital) but the analog representation of the signal is probably a mess.  But as I mentioned, analog voltage is only needed if you want to move the stream from one component to another. Each time you move the stream you regenerate the analog (voltage) part of the signal (remember you can’t store voltage).  The regeneration is done according to the stored digital template. The better and more accurate the template, the better and more accurate its analog representation. So if each time you regenerate the analog signal, you are always using an improved template, your stream will gradually improve as it passes along your network, as long as your network is arranged for increasing quality (less noise, more accurate clocking, less jitter/phase noise) 

No. I’m referring to the switch’s DC power supply from who’s voltage the switch resynthesises the analog part of the digital stream.  

I guess I'm having a difficult time understanding how a product like the EtherREGEN  or a Audiophile Network switch can correct noise or data issues that we receive from an ISP via a modem and then via the router.

The Truth Is Out There

15 hours ago, mav52 said:

I guess I'm having a difficult time understanding how a product like the EtherREGEN  or a Audiophile Network switch can correct noise or data issues that we receive from an ISP via a modem and then via the router.

Why not just invent or modify a Network router or a modem and have it meet " Audiophile" wants and get another piece out of the data chain.

The Truth Is Out There

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, VaG said:

Hello, I recived 3com Switch 4400 SE. Do you think it is worth try for better audio? Will improve sound quality over internet?

20240311_164321.jpg

According to 3com 4400 getting started manual page 89,

This is FCC Class A commercial/industrial equipment. It is not designed to be used in home wherein RF-sensitive devices (audio equipment!) may be malfunctioned by its radio frequency noise emissions

Sunday programmer since 1985

Developer of PlayPcmWin