IGNORED

DAC Manufacturer Aversion To External DSP

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There are many people using a single “Xfinity” supplied modem / router / switch to run their entire house and audio systems. Plus, some people get curious/dangerous and use creative networking with bridges, loops, and unnecessary configuration pretzeling. It all amounts to trouble. 

Getting a “real” network designed by someone who knows what s/he is doing, or educating oneself on the topic can go a very long way. 

I should start keeping track of the messed up things I see (no blame though, people just don’t know what to do). I’d soon have a list like this one -

https://structuretech1.com/home-inspection-photo-gallery/

I think on the flip side, certain companies *cough*Roon*cough* need to recognize that, just maybe, there is a chance there software has a bug and the problem isn't ALWAYS the customers network.

They literally stopped helping me find a solution to my problem when we ruled out all the network possibilities.

It pissed me off so much I am considering sending them the bill for the i9 sonic transporter as the workaround to their problem introduced with the latest update.

No electron left behind.