austinpop

Article: Review | Innuos PhoenixUSB Reclocker

5 hours ago, audiofool1982 said:

EX---> curious cable usb ---> ISO regen with LPS ---> Phasure Lush^2 ---> MSB analog Dac. 

Will the Phoenix USB reclocker over take the ISO regen in my setup?

It would, but realize that your ISO REGEN already has five separate Linear Tech LT3042 ultra-low noise regulators, a USB3.1 hub chip selected for best signal integrity, and an ultra-low-phase noise Crystek 575--plus true galvanic isolation via the costly Silanna ICE08USB chip. Combine that with the LPS you already use it with and the form factor allowing you to preserve SI and impedance match by plugging directly into the DAC with no additional cable, and I'd say you are already doing pretty well for about 1/10th the price. :)

[I promise this will be my only comparative comment in this thread.]

4 hours ago, austinpop said:

What I will say is that AES also benefits from reclocking and signal generation. I've experienced this with devices like the Mutec MC-3+, the SOtM dX-USB HD Ultra, and the Singxer SU-1, feeding several DACs.

Rajiv:

There is already enough misunderstanding about clocking out there so please be careful not to conflate audio-rate clocking (as done in DACs and DDCs--anything handling/generating S/PDIF, AES/EBU, I2S, or TOSLINK) with chip clocking for packet-data interfaces (Ethernet, USB, all computer chip clocks, etc.).

So completely different! The influence of sample-rate clocking (be it word-clock or bit-clock) is very direct.  

The influence of chip clocks (for USB, Ethernet, etc.) is vastly less direct and the mechanisms by which such can influence performance are completely different. (Reference our 'white paper' on that subject.)

:D