IGNORED

any recent rhino experience?

There is a thread going about sources for CD quality downloads and Rhino was mentioned. Has anyone had any recent successful (or not) experience with them? My most recent attempt in September was not good. Just wondering if maybe they got their act together since then.

The_Other_Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I have had very unsatisfactory experience with Rhino. On two separate occasions I have purchased downloads only to receive half of the purchases. There was no meta data. The download manager would not work (both Mac and Windows7) and what I could download had to be done manually. I called, and wrote emails. The call answer was to call back during normal working hours (technical and not service). I have received no email responses to my request to be allowed the full download. Last March I vowed never to use Rhino again, but alas, I tried again and have had the same result. I don't know how to proceed given Rhino's refusal even to answer an email. Suggestions?

Fred

In my experience rhino's customer support is virtually non-existent. They are friendly and pleasant enough when you call, but nothing happens. E-mails are customarily disregarded. Having said that, I only had download problems when I ordered more then 2 albums at a time; the download links simply expired before I could finish the re-download of files that were corrupted or incomplete. I did not experience download problems with single albums or single track files.

alan

If the 16/44.1 file is lossless or uncompressed and it is for titles that are difficult or cannot be found in physical format I am okay with that as long as the price is reasonable. I am more likely to purchase and download 24/96 files but full CD resolution works.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa