IGNORED

IPV6 is best for audio

IPv6 works better in almost all ways. Multicasts work better, QoS works better, no broadcasts (freaking SMB/CIFS protocol has been worst broadcast offender in IPv4).

Extra annoyance of IPv6 are the implementation differences between platforms, macOS can be very annoying for developer in that respect. IPv4 approaches have inherited more similar way to all OS from the old BSD Networking Release. IPv6 was implemented more in parallel on different platforms so it is not as consistent for the developer. The actual protocol works well though (thanks to good specs).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, jabbr said:

Roon doesn't accept an IPV6 address to connect to HQPlayer ... if this matters ...

I think it doesn't support IPv6 for many other things either. If you use HQPlayer Client, it defaults to IPv6. Similar way as with NAA, discovery is performed in both IPv6 and IPv4. But whenever IPv6 is available, that is used.

8 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Yes I know, as said I am not here to make trouble tho. So, I am asking you sincerely whether you think these IP6 advantages and more broadly Ethernet is a superior interface for audio audibilty.

Ethernet is superior audio interface at least because:

1) It allows many-to-many use cases, any server (player) can play to any DAC

2) Copper ethernet provides built-in galvanic isolation (unless spoiled with a shielded cable)

3) Ethernet provides standard means for optical connections without limitations and problems S/PDIF over Toslink

4) Ethernet provides much more bandwidth than USB Audio Class, allowing things like 8 or more channels of high rate PCM or DSD