IGNORED

Train Music!

1 hour ago, Iving said:

The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Trouble Train ...

Thanks for this, I have very few rockabilly recordings ('Built for Speed' from Acoustic Sounds in DSD 9_9) and I didn't know his orchestra recordings at all. "The Dirty Boogie" sounds just awesome!

2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Recorded Circa 1958...Let's hear from yodeling Texas Kitty Prins... from Groningen NL!

Well.. this is really something!👍

6 hours ago, Iving said:

Brilliant! ... love that Jimmie R explains how he can get more women than a passenger train can haul.

Me too! 

6 hours ago, Iving said:

I'm glad I know now that this is the first Yodeling Easter. Can't wait to tell my wife. Might do it Jimmie-style.

I hope to hear her here.! 

28 minutes ago, Iving said:

If anybody posts a video of themselves playing Train Music on a guitar I will send them money.

Ok.. lets get to business now.. how much.? :D

8 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Red Army Choir: Echelon's Song 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_Song

Since you've just reminded me I actually once went to Moscow by train..

7 minutes ago, Iving said:

Well I knew somebody would ask this question. I need to blend in a couple of caveats. First - I am an impoverished individual roiling in the twilight zone between pasture and pensionable retirement. Second - what if the world and his wife signed up? ... so I must be careful of setting a reckless precedent.

So my proposal is this:

- $0.01 for sticking to them or topic - it must be you and you must be a member of AS - it must be a video - it must be Train Music - you must be playing a guitar - and you must be the performer - you yourself and not an impersonator or impostor - so that's 1c already;

- between $0.99 and $9.99 for quality of performance - entirely at my own discretion. The criterion is mojo. If you give me appreciable goosebumps, I shall tender the full amount;

- a bonus of $1 if you do good train rhythm section without additional accompaniment.

In the final analysis, I figure that you would do something like this purely out of love - or for music's sake if nothing else. So I would be pretty surprised if anybody really expected me to pay. I mean come on. We are all here for love and music right? Only the purest of motives can satisfy. We all know that in our innermost selves. Let's be the best that we can be.

🙂

I need some time (and possibly my lawyer) to analyze this proposal.. B|

I've heard some here complaining on 'lame' posts by some participants. I actually think that such judgment may be a little offensive to them..

I personally haven't seen any lame posts especially any lame yodeling posts on this awesome thread. In fact IMO no yodeling is lame!  

So please complainers - lighten up and keep cool - bad things will surely pass (good ones too, BTW..x-D

Now let's go back to some good train music 9_9

Probably my favorite one of these three: Metal Crows - Heavy-Metal группа из Пензы. Cover на песню Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train.

3 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

The Passenger written about watching the world roll out behind glass on Berlin's S-Bahn train, "The Passenger" has since become a counter-cultural anthem. Recorded at the legendary Hansa Studios by the Berlin Wall while Iggy Pop was in self-imposed exile in the divided city, the song featured on 1977's "Lust for Life" album, which would propel the former frontman of The Stooges to commercial success.

The lyrics were allegedly written by Iggy Pop on a city train. 

Get into the car
We'll be the passenger
We'll ride through the city tonight
See the city's ripped backsides
We'll see the bright and hollow sky
We'll see the stars that shine so bright
The sky was made for us tonight

It'a car song. End of discussion :)

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Looks like lving, our OP, is no longer among the cyber living here at AS. Don't know what happened, but here's to him, may he be well and continue to share music.

Charles Ives: The Celestial Railroad (1925)

a little backstory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Celestial_Railroad

Symphony No. 4: II. Comedy (Allegretto) [aka The Celestial Railroad]

More backstory - literary: https://harpers.org/2010/09/hawthorne-the-celestial-railroad/

Even mo' betta backstory! - musical guide: https://ives-fourth-symphony.com/articles/the-program-of-movement-ii-the-celestial-railroad

I'd like to join Christopher with these wishes, all the best @Iving wherever you go!

4 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

I once tried this, think it's interesting.

Holosync - Centerpointe

I can only do what I always did on this thread..

Obviously a joke, let's get serious..

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...